Anyone want to split this category?

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by big acres, Apr 26, 2008.

1. big acres

big acres LawnSite Member

This category is so broad and gets so many new threads daily that it is hard sift through to get the meaningful stuff. "Commercial lawn mowing" obviously means professional lco, but mowing of residential and commercial business accounts are two different animals.

Would anyone like to see them split?

I would like to see a category that covers businesses, town homes, apartments... any accounts where you deal with a professional manager. My hats off to you residential guys for your patience with some of the nuts out there... sure makes for alot of off-the-wall threads, but not usually the stuff that is of interest to people who service mostly commercial -and vice versa.
  2. YoungGun

YoungGun LawnSite Member

good idea....
  3. Happy Frog

Happy Frog LawnSite Bronze Member

This would result in many more double posts about the same subject.
  4. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

No, I liked it better when there was less forums. We don't need to split it up anymore.
  5. shovelracer

shovelracer LawnSite Silver Member

No, but I would like to see a system in place that eliminates reposts of the same thing over and over every year. Not sure how that would happen, but maybe its possible.
  6. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

I agree, there's too many catagories already... When I post a new thread I have to spend too much time already trying to figure out where to put it! Usually I post in the "commercial" catagory because it's the most viewed. Now, I always just click "new posts" so I really don't care what catagory other people use, lol.
  7. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

I would say no, to many sections it becomes harder to read and intimidating for the new posters.
  8. Varsity L&G

Varsity L&G LawnSite Senior Member

Alot of other forums require that you search before posting.

If someone post a question that has already been covered on the site 100 times. There is usually a guy who will post the search results and ask him to research before asking.
  9. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

Are you talking about someone posting the same thing in several sections or different threads different posters starting the tread being posted in different sections?