Anyone want to work in Alaska?

Discussion in 'Employment' started by Livingreen, Mar 10, 2006.

1. Livingreen

Livingreen LawnSite Member

Just a quick post to let anyone know that if they want to work in Alaska (Anchorage area), let me know. E-mail @ livingreen@gci.net. Only looking for loyal, quality conscious, team oriented individuals. Come see the last frontier!:cool2: Alaska is one of the best places to be in the summer!:clapping:

2. keith_480231

keith_480231 LawnSite Member

What kind of positions are you looking to fill?

3. nephilim0167

nephilim0167 LawnSite Member

I'd imagine plowing is the business to be in up there? Or is it too thick for even the biggest, baddest plows :weightlifter: I've got family up in Anchorage. Joe Serra, Pete Zakerduew... Good people.

4. paolaken

paolaken LawnSite Senior Member

i lived there for 6 years in the 80's. loved every minute of it. meet my soon to be wife and never went back. she wouldn't go. any young unatached person should go and experiance it. you must love the outdoors.

5. turfmgr

turfmgr LawnSite Member

what type of work? how soon? for how long?

6. Livingreen

Sorry about the delay Keith-
    Looking for grounds maintenance technicians. Positions are: Crew leaders (foremen), crew members, and water technicians (we still water by hoses up here):dizzy: There are other various positions within the organization for the right person. These may include: planting flowers (perennials and annuals), maintaining flowers, applying pesticides/herbicides, and landscape installation. I didn't check this thread til now, so feel free to use the email address for further correspondence.:drinkup:

7. Livingreen

You'd be surprised at the fickle seasons ol Mother Nature deals us up here. I currently do not offer snow plowing for a couple of reasons: It is unreliable. Four years ago, we had maybe 2 snow "events". Virtually no snow, but a lot of ice. It was a good year to have a sander. This year has been average, with about 60" of snow so far. Another reason is that there are a lot of guys who have a plow on their truck, and they underprice anybody with a business/overhead. The client ends up getting what they pay for, but they only care about the bottom line $:hammerhead: Is your family up here in the green biz?:drinkup:

8. Livingreen

The season will start about the end of April and runs to about mid October. At that time, anyone would be able to stay on through our lighting season (which is hanging seasonal or Christmas lights) which shuts down at Christmas. If any of you are interested in learning more about this lucrative service add-on, come on up and learn from the best:laugh: . I'll try to check this thread more frequently, but feel free to e-mail me at livingreen@gci.net if you have anymore questions.:drinkup:

9. nephilim0167

nephilim0167 LawnSite Member

Ooooh no. My uncle works out on the oil fields (he's busy right now) doing firefighting/paramedic work. The other one owns a pub.