1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

anyone wear this while mowinig in the summer heat

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grass disaster, Dec 26, 2006.

1. grass disaster

grass disaster LawnSite Silver Member

2. nmez21

nmez21 LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah, I do. I've worn under armour and a couple of other cheapo brands and the cheaper brands work just as well. When you're on the z at 10-15 mph it's a wonderful feeling even on a 95 deg. day. I would highly recommend it, just make sure it is tight fitting, but you are still mobile. It really makes those long dreadful days go along quickly.
  3. grass disaster

grass disaster LawnSite Silver Member

do you wear a shirt over this?? i assume you get the tight(spandex like) material.
  4. nmez21

Yeh, a t-shirt over top. With the heat it seems like the short sleeves are the way to go with these shirts. And yes, it's the tight spandex material that I'm speaking of. Might want to try a $10 wal-mart shirt to see if you like it or not, then if you're really interested, go for the under armour, it tends to hold up a little bit longer.
  5. Lawn Enforcer

Lawn Enforcer LawnSite Silver Member

I've worn it for cold weather and it works well, I assume the heatgear works good too.
  6. greenbronco

greenbronco LawnSite Member

nmez21, walmart has a cheap $10 version? whats it called? thx
  7. nmez21

It's called "Athletic Works". It very well could be a regional thing with the brands that they carry though. But you will probably have trouble actually finding the company name but you'll see a logo that looks like this one that I masterfully made:rolleyes: in 'Paint' :

Attached Files:

• aw.bmp
      File size:
      120.7 KB
  8. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

All of my employees wear tank tops w/company name on them. When its a 90-100 degrees out, nothing beats a tank top. And I wear polo shirt w/company name and logo. I don't think those spandex shirts look proffessional.
  9. BobR

BobR LawnSite Senior Member

Couple of years ago I tried an Under Armor knock off made by Columbia for $20 on sale. Now most of my cotton t's are in the rag bag. I went with the looser fit brands as my poor old body has long lost that youthful chiseled look. These synthetic material shirts are GREAT for wicking away moisture and you look good in the process, not like a wet limp dishrag.

10. nmez21

Try www.dyesport.com if you're looking for an even more professional look, and you don't want to wear a t-shirt overtop, you can get some customized company compression shirts. I've got a Prairie du Chien football compression shirt and complete jersey from them. The owner said they can do custom logo's on just about anything if you're looking for stuff for a crew or just yourself. On their website they show some pretty flamboyant shirts and things, but they'll do almost anything. Breathable polos too. Great to work with, and many options.