anyone who bags

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MikeLT1Z28, Aug 15, 2002.

1. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

what do you do with the bags after they are filled? haul em? leave em? some yards i choose to bag with my walker and the local city ordinance here won't allow bigger than a 30 gallon bag or something like that. i'm using 55 gal. drum liners and they don't seem to like that too much.

2. tailoredlook

tailoredlook LawnSite Member

It Depends on how much I bag. Early spring when I take like 5-6 bags per lawn I take it with and go to dump. Price for customer includes this. When grass slows down I leave for trash men.

3. Jimbo

Jimbo LawnSite Bronze Member

I work small commercials. The clippings go in the dumpster.

Jim

4. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

I bag on a couple lawns. Luckily, I've got an orchard and go go just dump it anywhere I please as long as it's not all clumped up. The city here won't accept grass at ALL and they don't have anywhere that we can take it :rolleyes: My grandparents just put it in sack and tie them up so that the garbage truck guys can't see what's in it :laugh:

5. Jimbo

Jimbo LawnSite Bronze Member

I guess the question is....Does anyone compost the clippings at there own site? I think it would be too much to manage but you never know unless you ask.

Jim

6. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I take mine to a buddies. He has a compost pile that he moves with a skid steer. The city ordinance here allows a compost pile up to 2 tons (I think that is what it is). I have a garden, so what I don't take, my buddie does.

MATT

7. Turtle II

Turtle II LawnSite Member

Although I'm not in the biz yet, I’ve pondered this one. Many people around here want to have the clippings bagged. I think it does make for a better-looking finish; also there are many centipede lawns. I'd say almost a third of the commercial guys I see around here have bager attachments.

So I wonder if many customers who want there clippings bagged would like a small collection point in the back corner of the property.

#1. You could make a few quick bucks with 4 posts and some square fence.

#2. It would save you the hassles of hauling clippings.

I'm not saying to put this up next to someone’s grill or in-ground pool, but around here, most yards sit on 1/2 to several acres.

Just an idea I had when I was trying to think of everything.:dizzy:

Does anyone use this technique???

Hope everyone is well :cool:

8. When we bag which is rare we throw the clippings in the back of one ton dumps and take to a farmer he charges 7$ a cubic yard.
    Mostly what we bag is fall leaves

9. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I only bag leaves. Never grass. Not even an option. Sometimes I take them to people I know who own homes without any trees and pure clay lawns. We mulch them into their lawns for organic matter. I've actually been able to get paid some for doing this.

10. Currier

Currier LawnSite Senior Member

I haul it to the cows. Just have to make sure it doe not have pesticides.