Anyone who took the ICPI class in CT?

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by seacoastlandscape, Feb 24, 2008.

1. seacoastlandscape

seacoastlandscape LawnSite Member

Just wondering if anyone on here attended the class both days. After the class Friday about 6 o'clock I started to feel very sick. Long story short ended up in the emergency room later that night and into sat violently ill. They said it was food poisoning and the lunch provided during the class was the only thing I ate. Any one else get sick?

2. PatriotLandscape

PatriotLandscape LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MA

3. pj550v12

pj550v12 LawnSite Senior Member

I was there, I was fine though . . . did you eat the fish though because I didn't?

4. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

wow that totally sucks, how ya feeling now?

- did you see the cops on your street the other night pj? there was a hit and run a street over, took an hour with the dang police had to make a report and needed my info. the cops were flying up and down your street and the next one over trying to find the guy.

5. Paver Gangster

Paver Gangster LawnSite Member

Sponsor=Niccolock :D

Insert joke here. :)

Other than the digestive unpleasantness, how was the class?

6. pj550v12

I was with you the other night . . . if you mean last night then no, I was workin, I didn't hear anything about it either, as long as it wasn't my truck or car lol

The class was good, very informative. The ICPI advertising and Nicolock plugs were lame, but hey, they made it possible for us to have a class. The instructors were awesome I thought. 40 years or so experience between the two of them and they were still young so they offered tons of good insight. Overall I enjoyed it.

7. Raven386

from CT

After i dropped you off... they must not have gone past that side street then.

8. pj550v12

Yeah, nope, didn't even hear anything, oh well

9. Raven386

from CT

sorry to hi-jack the thread. but maybe this rain will change to snow and we can get out there again! payup.

10. seacoastlandscape

seacoastlandscape LawnSite Member

no fish just chicken but much better now and aside from the 1200 dollar emergency bill i'll prob get I thought the class was fine. Rather rudimentary and very general information given but I too thought the 2 running it were very good. You could tell they were extremely knowledgeable and had tons of experience. They really could have taught the class alot if they didn't have to cover the icpi required information and could get more detailed. I guess it doesn't hurt to have the certification but don't feel i really learned anything.