1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Anyone with 1st Hand Knowledge of the Bad Boy Mowers?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by PsRumors, Aug 4, 2005.

1. PsRumors

PsRumors LawnSite Member

Dollar for Dollar, spec for spec, it appears the Bad Boy mowers have the best. But all specs on the frame and equipment can do no good if the mower deck doesn't mow.

Any one have first hand knowledge of the Bad Boy Mowers? I am specifically looking at the AOS model with 27hp Kawasaki and 72" deck. Does this mower cut well? Does it stripe well? How is it on hills, climbing and crossing?

Thanks for any help.
  2. tat900

tat900 LawnSite Senior Member

very fast poor cut quality and very rough riding jars you to death demod one for 3 hopurds and will neve rpurchase one
  3. iluvscag

iluvscag LawnSite Senior Member

27 horsepower is underpowered for a 72 inch deck. :)
  4. PsRumors

PsRumors LawnSite Member

The 27 hp did quite well on the JD and Toro I demoed. :)
  5. PsRumors

PsRumors LawnSite Member

tat900, thanks for the response.

No one else with any 1st hand knowledge?
  6. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

You are totally wrong.

Run a Toro Groundsmaster with either a 22 or 25 hp diesel and a front mounted 72" deck and see what happens. We have 3 of them btw and they will mow grass waist high the first cut. Come around again the second time and you're like WTF...need pics?
  7. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

They are talking about a gasoline engine, not a diesel engine machine. Yes, I agree, a 27HP gasoline engine is not enough HP for a 72" deck. I have owned 72" deck machines, and now I sell them. I will not sell a 72" machine with less than 30HP, (gasoline), on it. You need 26Hp,(diesel), or more to run a 72" deck. My opinion you understand!
    We have had a Badboy rep. calling on us for nearly 2 years, but we just do not want to sell a machine with no track record. Long term, I do not know if they have deep enough pockets to survive. They have a very slim dealer network, and with few dealers, they will sell few machines.
    Badboy has signed some agreement with J.B. Hunt, of trucking fame, to paint some mowers Green and put a Montana Tractor logo on them. Hunt owns the montana Tractor line. Maybe this will get them out to some more dealers.
  8. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Ok, my mistake
  9. naturescaretaker

naturescaretaker LawnSite Senior Member

Turn the computer off Rod and go to bed. It is way past your bedtime for you old farts.
  10. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

Hey, I am old too, will turn 55 tomorrow. My wife lets me stay up and look at the computer until nearly 10:30 every night.