Anyone with a 36" Toro?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lonnie13, Mar 12, 2003.

1. lonnie13

lonnie13 LawnSite Member

I just got my mower this year. Mostly I cut bermuda. I was wanting to know is how do you guys prefer to mow. Do you mulch, bag, or side discharge? Thanks for any help.

2. TaussigLawnCare

TaussigLawnCare LawnSite Member

well that stuff can get thick around here if they had a sprinkler system and with my 36 proline toro I mostly mulched but had to bad it a few times. I perfer to mulch but thats not what the customer always wants lol I do what makes it look good if it is leaving alittle behind I bag it.

3. lonnie13

lonnie13 LawnSite Member

Do you have a mulch kit for your 36. If so, is it too much trouble to remove on site so you can bag. Have you tried side discarge?

4. TheGrassGuy

TheGrassGuy LawnSite Member

I have a 36" with a floating deck. I was not aware of a mulch kit for this. Did you make your own and if so any pics?

5. TaussigLawnCare

I have mulch blades on it but no kit side discharge is fine unless its thick and they want me to bad it anyways but I did talk to the dealer about it and he said it was a pain to take off an on

6. Holloway Lawns

Holloway Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 36 with a mulch kit the dealer ordered it and installed it on mine. With thick grass you do have to go slower though or it will bog down.

7. Shuter

Shuter LawnSite Bronze Member

I hope you guys have good things to say about Toro. I am getting a new 36" next week.

8. Tbarchaser

Tbarchaser LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

I have a 2003 36" fixed with a 15 kohler and the mulch kit. I thought it would have more power...It got bogged down and stalled this morning in 10" St Augustine in 1st gear! But When I lifted it up, it was so packed couldnt even see the blades. So it was trying like heck to mulch everything. But around 8:30 the dew was drying out, I did not have any problems knocking down that 10" grass in 4th gear and no clumping. I am really happy with it, But maybe I was asking too much to mulch wet St Augustine.

9. lonnie13

lonnie13 LawnSite Member

I'm trying to decide if I want to mulch or not. During the spring here in oklahoma it is wet everyday. What kind of blades do you use for side discharge (high lift, mulching ect...) I just got mine and I dont know what works best. Have you guys noticed that most of the toro dealers dont have any idea what toro has to offer, as far as parts. I had 3 dealers tell me there was no mulch kit, and 1 tell me there is one. Well they do make one, Part#105318

36" Proline
    15hp kohler
    floating deck
    pistol grips
    jungle wheels

10. TaussigLawnCare

I have a 12 hp kaw. 2002 toro and the dealer here is great they fix warrenty stuff for me no money down no questions asked. I have the big tooth blades lol no idea what they are called. I would get tbar on that toro your getting I love mine it is so easy to use.