anyone with a GREAT DANE LX????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 1stclasslawns, May 30, 2003.

1. 1stclasslawns

1stclasslawns LawnSite Senior Member

I am looking for anyone with experience with the new LX model.

I have a '99 61"25 HP Chariot and wondering how they compair, as I am in need of another machine.

Jim

2. 1stclasslawns

back to the top

:D

3. mag360

mag360 LawnSite Silver Member

Sorry---I have no experience with great danes but I'm interested in your experience with the '99 model---how has it held up?

Thanks

4. 1stclasslawns

Chip.

I'll give you the low down 850 hours,
    1 head gasket blown,
    1 hydro pump bearing went out,
    2 belts,
    a bad connector in wiring (cant find, it I thought it was relays going out but it isn't. wiggle the wires and it starts)
    6 sets of spindle bearings ( the bearing place was giving me the wrong ones!)

Not bad if you ask me considering I live in the Ozarks where we grow rocks and people only want serviced every 2 weeks. The apartments I mow want 16 mows per year. I do charge them more per mow though.

I am getting ready to order a new Chariot LX it has a suspension seat and a canister type air filter.

Only 2 commercial dealers in town right now Toro and Dane, My mechanic is great to help me on anything so I'm gonna stay with him.

Jim

5. Grass Master

Grass Master LawnSite Senior Member

The new LX is awesome! I tried one before I bought a standard new 2003 Chariot. I added the suspension seat. (I liked the fact the the Chariot was smaller, more compact which is better for my yards.)

You'll love the new Chariot LX!!