Anyone with enclosed trailer where do you have your gas cans?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by bigw, Jan 27, 2008.

1. bigw

bigw LawnSite Bronze Member

Where do you keep your gas cans and how do you have them secured? Would putting them on the floor be better then the wall or even the back of the truck be better? I am looking to find a spot for 1 5gal and 1 2gal can.Any tips or advice would be appreciated!:weightlifter:
  2. mag360

mag360 LawnSite Silver Member

3. T-Cart

T-Cart LawnSite Member

Hey BigW,after reading the fiasco last night,just wanted you to know that i am pulling for you.Good luck,
  4. RGM

RGM LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Baltimore Md

I had someone weld a small cage box on the front section of trailer (tongue)
  5. F Y P M

F Y P M LawnSite Member

We put our gas cans and all miscellaneous stuff right in the nose of the trailer. Easy to access from side door also.
  6. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

I got a 15 gallon tank with the hose and nozzle from Northern tool/parts for about 100 bucks and made a stand so it was just above the top of the bed of the truck and we keep the 5-Gal can of 2-cycle gas mix in the space below that. It is all on the tongue of the trailer and we have the area below the tank enclosed so that the hose, nozzle and 5-g tank are secure.

This set up would be better with an extended tongue but mine is standard and the guys have only done minor bumper damage when turning too sharply. Most likely when backing up.
  7. bigw

thanks buddy!!!
  8. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

200 gallon thank in pick up truck:drinkup:
  9. bigw

are they secured to the floor or the wall? are their regulations as to how they are secured or does that depend on your state? I hate the thought of having 5 gals of gas hanging on the wall like some of the racks out their,i think it looks dangerous and alot of weight to be hanging from a thin wall!
  10. F Y P M

F Y P M LawnSite Member

My trailer is a vnose so I squared out th v with a shelf and I secure the cans on the shelf. I agree that the premade racks do not look to safe but supposedly are.
    Didn't mean any harm last night just stated what I think. No harm done this business is a tough one, so take everything with a grain of salt. Ultimately you only have to answer to yourself.