Anyone with Jungle Jim Racks?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by EagleLandscape, Jun 8, 2004.

1. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

I bought Jungle Jim's Gear Caddy off of www.power41.com the other day and it finally came in the mail today. I went out to my trailer to put it on, but it's not gonna work with my current trailer. I'm either gonna have to do some serious dicing of the wire sides and cut some angle iron, but I really don't want to weaken my trailer.

I think I'm gonna get a friend to build a frame that extends about 8" off the side of the trailer to mount the racks on there.

Does any of you all use the Jungle Jim Gear Caddy. And if so can I see pics on how it's installed.

2. EagleLandscape

ttt^...........................

3. NCSULandscaper

NCSULandscaper Banned

yup this is on the tiny mowing trailer

4. EagleLandscape

See... My trailer has 4 ft sides. So I've gotta figure out a way to install them. (you know how theyve got that funny "springed" piece on the back of the locking part of the rack? I really wish I had a trailer with sides like that. My next one will be like that, and I guess I'm turn the 5x8 I have now into a leaf trailer or something.

5. captken

captken LawnSite Bronze Member

a problem...here is a pic of my installation from the wrong side....however, my friend Mike has them mounted on a high side trailer...I'll see if I can get some pics of it for you.

personally, I would mount them high, where they would work and then drill holes in the poles where needed to brace them up, the foot of the pole does not have to rest on the deck of the trailer....

another option would be to weld them rather than bolting them up,

kenny

ps, mount them curbside of your trailer...

dot tape.jpg

6. EagleLandscape

Well the only option to mount them on my trailer is straight through the angle iron that runs vertical. The only horizontal bar I have running is the top bar, which is at 4'. And because of that spring-loaded thing on the back of the racks, you well know that it cant be just welded up from the rear. It HAS to be welded eaither from the side (not possible because of the 4 ft wire sides) or mounted within the first vertical foot from the bottom. (also not possible. I need a new trailer:-D

Kenny, you've got a great looking rig there as well. What are you pulling that trailer with? Ford?

7. captken

captken LawnSite Bronze Member

ford f-150, 351 engine.

you might be able to get a welder's advise on how to modify your existing trailer so that you would be able to mount those racks...kenny

8. EagleLandscape

I talked to a friend earlier tonight and he'll fab me up something for free, as long as I buy the iron. I think I'm gonna use tubular iron for this. Just to make it really strong. I'll probably need about 20 feet to do what I'm thinking. I'll show ya after pics when it's done.