Anyone with knowledge of the 42" Hustler

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by burns60, Nov 21, 2005.

1. burns60

burns60 LawnSite Senior Member

I have a friend who is about to purchase a 42 inch Hustler, which I know zilch about. I told him I would try to get some input from some of my "colleagues" about this mower. His main reason for buying this mower is that it will fit into his storage building. He is not an LCO and this mower will be used only for his lawn, which is probably about an acre and half. Anyone have any thing they can relate about this mower or about Hustler at all? Thanks for your help!

2. steve45

steve45 LawnSite Bronze Member

It's yellow, very yellow.

I looked at them. The dealer told me to avoid the Kohler Courage engine like the plague. They've had lots of problems with them and Kohler will not warrant them for commercial use at all.

Otherwise, they look to be pretty well built and easy to service.

3. nmurph

nmurph LawnSite Senior Member
    from ga

i you search the Hustler forum you will find lots of postings regarding this mower. it is an excellent mower, especially for the homeowner. i have never heard of problems with this motor, though i know it's not a true commercial motor. however, kohler warranties this motor for ninety days (from their website) if used commercially, and 2 years for residential use. Hustler warranties this Mini-Fasttrak for 3 years bumper to bumper, except the motor, and the frame and leading edge of the deck have life-time warranties.