anyone with same problem

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by gobblet, Feb 27, 2007.

1. gobblet

gobblet LawnSite Member

Bought Scag tiger cub in late 06 nothing but trouble. Within first month hydro pump went (taken to dealer fixed). When temps got cold would not start taken to dealer said it was fixed. Once again would not start in cold, dropped off at dealer at the end of the season. January stopped at dealer and said it needs a stronger battery but could not find one. Two days ago stopped at dealer and said it is the starter. Has anyone had a similar problem with Scag or anyother machine that just seems to be a lemon. Please suggest what I should do next.

2. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

Sounds like you just got a lemon. Tell them you want a new one and you'll more then likely get it. If they say no call SCAG your self, tell them how the dealer is giving you the run around and you need your mower, and I bet within two weeks there will be a new one for you.

3. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

Id take it back and demand a new one in exchange for the lemon

4. JTF40

JTF40 LawnSite Senior Member

Same here - Call Scag. They WILL take care of you. They are well respected. :usflag:

5. Daneman

Daneman LawnSite Member

Sounds to me like you need a new dealer. What did they say they fixed at the end of last season? Then it needs a new battery, and then a starter? That's not Scag's fault, that is your dealers fault.

How close in the next Scag dealer from you? Might want to take it to them.

6. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

The mower is under warranty they will fix it, if the dealer is not putting you first go to another one.

7. gobblet

gobblet LawnSite Member

Went to dealer today after posting thread, because I needed numbers for my insurance company off of the Scag. I told my dealer that I plan on starting working in mid march and it has to be done. Originally they say it needed a stronger battery which makes sense and they have installed. Today they said they are waiting on starter from factory ,since I have put so much stress on the factory one with it not starting. Keeping fingers crossed, love the machine(when it works) and have nothing but upmost respect for my dealer. Next will contact dealer and maybe take elsewhere.

8. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

Good deal from your list you are trying to stay on top.

9. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

By the way which engine do you have and are you having problems in winter? And what weight oil are you running? Is the unit failing to turn over, or is it draining the battery because it wont' start quickly. Bad dealer if they can't get stuff out in the winter....

10. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

GOBBLET, you have a ton of equipment,with 2 chevys,i hope you get your problem fixed we will be in full force in just a few weeks,fuel here shot up 30 cents on the gallon it's over $2.50 a gallon so charge plenty.