anyone work at cat or similar?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by whiffyspark, Jul 31, 2014.

1. caseysmowing

caseysmowing LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm sure they don't have the same benefits but he really Ike's it. 25 a hour more in your area I'm sure. Great 401k and ok insurance.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

Ahern offered 18. Mon/fri for shop mechanic. He filled mobile position yesterday
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

Id get some quotes on Health Insurance, right now. You may get something decient for less 1500$ per month month.

Working for 140$ per day is going to really suck.

4. caseysmowing

It's more than 140 a day. Factor in that 1500 insurance policy, 401k match,short/ long term disability,vacation, life insurance, holiday paid, and probably a couple more.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. caseysmowing

I try my best not to think of it as $200 a day because it's depressing knowing you can make that in a few hours riding a Ztr.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. larryinalabama

I stand corrected its 4$ more.

Not too mention the insurance is likely 200$ per week.

7. whiffyspark

Yes you can. But this business is so weather dependent and cut throat it's ridiculous. Granted, everyone of my grass cutting properties are commercial. I only do residential landscaping. So it's steady money, but the benefits are what is attractive
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. whiffyspark

Benefits package is added to the wage. Just like hvac guys. $18 base pay but the are "making" 28 after benefits
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. larryinalabama

Id think long and hard. Somehow I feel like your emotions are getting the better of you right now.

I may have to work some over the winter, but Ill be right back at in the lawn business in the spring.

10. larryinalabama