Anyone work for Weed Man?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Vikings, Feb 8, 2007.

1. Vikings

Vikings LawnSite Bronze Member
    from canada

I'd like to know how they do an Estimate/quote with 3 feet of snow on the ground.

They recommend Adding Insect control, aeration and overseeding as well as full season program of 5 applications of fertilizer and targeted weed control.
  2. rockymtnmf

rockymtnmf LawnSite Member

Its an estimate/quote, if you called my office right now Id give you a price over the phone without even seeing your property. Its all based on property size. I couldn't give you a lawn analysis with snow on the ground but I can give you a price.
  3. lawnangel1

lawnangel1 LawnSite Senior Member
    from KY

I work for weed man. I have no problem qouting a price on the phone or even in person with snow on the ground. I also have no problem suggesting things like a grub treatment if the customer tells me they have had issues with them in the past. Aeration is great to have every year and it will help a lawn in any condition. There are just some things that every lawn could use no matter what the condition. But yes a lawn anaylsis I would not do this time of year, thats why my branch does them in july.
  4. Vikings

Vikings LawnSite Bronze Member
    from canada

So what kind of equipment do you think they would have to carry out such an operation?

-Spring Vital-Lawn granular Fertilizer treatment
    -Spring Weed Control Targeted Treatment
    -Summmer Vital Lawn Granular Fertilizer Treatment
    -Fall Weed Control Targeted Treatment
    -Fall Vital Lawn Granualar Fertilizer Treatment.

Correct me if I'm wrong, But all I would need is a high quality spreader and a pressure bottle?

I'm going to get certified over the next little while and then I will have a better Idea about fertilizer and Weed killers. But I want to add fertilizer and Weed control to some spring flyers and certainly for my own lawn customers.

I don't like that spray truck crap they put on lawns, grow 8" in week..slow release is what I want to use.
  5. turfsolutions

turfsolutions LawnSite Senior Member

Low Balling PIA in my area no different than chem lawn.

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

tell us how u really feel
  7. robertsturf

robertsturf LawnSite Bronze Member

I do not and have not worked for WeedMan, but at least in my area they are a great company. At least from the results I see on their irrigated lawns. I can't say what it's like to work for them but based on the results and the professional image they portray (uniforms, clean trucks.etc...) they appear to be pretty fair in our area.
  8. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Hank Devries operates a good company. 669-0500. Hudsonville.
    But you are wrong when you say it is early--interviews this week, check references, then major hiring decisions have to be made in the next week or two. All companies have to plan ahead. And then you have couple weeks training to do. First applications start about March 15.
  9. Mattcurry

Mattcurry LawnSite Member

What R U Talking About..... You Guys Get The Winter Off? F This Im Moving Up North....... Nm I Cant Make Any Money Up There Cause I Would Never Come Outside......

Dang Though I Had A Way To Get Away From This Year Round Fertilization.........
  10. lawnservice

lawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

ummm, sure. Just like if you wanted to be a doctor all you would 'need' is a stethoscope