Anyone working September 11 2002?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by AGG Lawn Maintenance, Mar 23, 2002.

1. AGG Lawn Maintenance

AGG Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Senior Member
    from Elberon

I was wondering if anyone is working this September 11th?
    On September 11th I was on my way just past Earle Navel base when my girl friend called to tell me the first plane ran into the WTC. I could see the smoke across the Hudson River coming towards New Jersey. I have a lot of customers who work in New York. My customers that I did see were flipping out. Thankfully no one I knew passed away. My uncle is a Retired Lt. Coronal in the army. I was thinking about taking off that day forever. Once I talk to him a plan to donate some time at the Fort that he works at doing some planting cutting etc. Give me some feedback and ideas on what I should do.
    Travis

2. mowngrow

mowngrow LawnSite Senior Member

i really have not thought about it, as far as working on that day.
    but now that i think about it I don't know

3. sheppard

sheppard LawnSite Senior Member

I was in the middle of doing several residential accounts when I started hearing radio reports on plans hitting buildings. Thought to myself "Man I hate to miss any update... wonder whats going on."

Finanly heard a complete story and by the eend of my work day I sat glued in front of the TV w/ my wife & son.

Never forget it.

4. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I wouldn't be surprised if the government made 9/11 into some kind of "holiday". Maybe not the same as Memorial Day, but something along those lines to remember the almost 3000 people that lost their lives.

Guess we will have to see...

5. dfor

dfor LawnSite Senior Member

I hadn't really thought about it until now. I guess I had planned to work, but I will see how things are come September. Once I heard the news on 9-11-01, I didn't feel as though cutting grass was too important. The country was under attack. I cried for a week watching the news.

6. Barkleymut

Barkleymut LawnSite Bronze Member

I will work on my birthday next week and I will work on 9-11-02. Mainly because that is THE busiest time of the year with fertilizing, aerating, mowing. I work on Sundays about half of the time. Maybe in a few years I will slow down but I doubt it.

7. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

ill be working. i got a free condo at the beach in april
    but ill be working here.this is the time i make up for jan-feb
    good thought tho.

8. ohiolawnguy

ohiolawnguy LawnSite Senior Member

will work sep 11, 2002. even if it becomes national holiday.

9. Doogiegh

Doogiegh LawnSite Senior Member

It'll be a Wednesday this year

10. 1grnlwn

1grnlwn LawnSite Bronze Member

If you don't work the terrorists win!
    Will you work Dec 7?