anyone working the 4th of july

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by williams lcm, Jun 30, 2013.

1. Nope, I'm off all week.

2. zackvbra

zackvbra LawnSite Senior Member

no way. I got nascar tickets at Daytona this weekend. the ole lady and I are leaving Thursday coming back sunday night. I plan on getting pretty wasted. Ive been needing this weekend.

3. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

We will work 12hr days Mon-Wed. I need this 4day weekend.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. LawnGuy35

LawnGuy35 LawnSite Member

As with all holidays, I schedule around the 4th. But if I was planning to work that day, I would include a note with June bills asking anyone who is planning a party at their house that day to let me know so I wouldn't show up (or I'd call them in late June). As a homeowner, the last thing I'd want is the lawn company to show up in the middle of my party.

5. Tri-City Outdoors

Tri-City Outdoors LawnSite Member

We were going to do 60 residential in 3 days and business would of been done on Saturday. However with a 60-70% rain chance Mon-Wed. I think we are just going to save on payroll. All maintenance accounts are flat rate monthly and we made sure everything was tight and right last week. Thinking we will probably just do the property's that are having a "party" and the ones that are most profitable.
    We did not schedule any installs this week So I already gave that crew the week off!
    Everyone on staff has been working real hard the past few weeks. I think it will be a great "recharge" and help with the summer time blues.

6. Blades Lawn Maintenance

Blades Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Baton Rouge, La

I thought about moving mine around. We shall see

7. RonWin

RonWin LawnSite Senior Member

Going to try to make sure that I get all the lawns done weds and Friday. its me and Americas birthday Thursday
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. bradsmowing

bradsmowing LawnSite Member

ya were working because im leave on the 4th at night to go mud buggin at the redneck yacht club for the weekend sould be one hell of a party. told the workers we got to hustle to get the work done i hope the rain holds off but its not looking good.
    :usflag:

9. gulfjoe

gulfjoe LawnSite Bronze Member

When you "move your schedule" do you notify your customer?
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. LandFakers

LandFakers LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

Im working regular hours this week. Im not taking the 4th off as im taking all next week off.