anyone working the 4th of july

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by williams lcm, Jun 30, 2013.

1. Blades Lawn Maintenance

Blades Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Baton Rouge, La

Well of course :hammerhead:

2. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Nope. All my customers know that in the case of a holiday such as 4th of July, when the holiday falls on Thursday/Friday. All lawns will be cut the beginning of the week(weather permitting).
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. fireman gus

fireman gus LawnSite Senior Member

We will start early and work hard until about 2pm then shut down

4. dKoester

dKoester LawnSite Gold Member

I plan on getting them all done early as well so they can enjoy the day without having me in the way.

5. CashinH&P

CashinH&P LawnSite Member

Working as much as possible Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. Taking the girlfriend up to my grandparents cabin for the 3rd and 4th. Then working friday and saturday. Its been kind of a messed up week here in New England, tons of rain

6. blk90s13

blk90s13 LawnSite Bronze Member

Working longer on Mon-Wed to clear up the rest of the week.

7. dKoester

dKoester LawnSite Gold Member

6:30am-8:30 pm.

8. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

:clapping:

First sensable post of this thread.

Commercial work goes on regardless but we all work in someone else's yard, they deserve the respect due them.

I work somewhere most any day but i know when and where i belong. You guys that are working the fourth to make it easy for you to vacation ought to think of how you'd like it if the table was turned
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. Tom-N-Texas

Tom-N-Texas LawnSite Senior Member

My crew cuts 40 to 45 lawns a day -- every day....This takes us at least 10 hrs or so. Have any ideas on how to not work a normal day on the 4th? And almost all my lawns are small and we get outta there in less than 10 mins, so it's not like the homeowner is inconvenienced that much.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. herler

herler LawnSite Fanatic

I don't really have a choice, I've been rolling 6-7 days a week since mid-april, I worked Mother's Day, I worked Memorial Day and more than a few Sundays too, we're not talking 1 or 2 more a day than usual either... I'm booked 24% higher than any previous records, even June's deposits were higher than previous year's highest spring records and June isn't normally too busy but this year it hasn't let up at all, I've got a ton of work and equipment broke down all over the place, I have to work, way I see things it's likely going to be as busy in July-August as it normally is in Spring so it's neither a question nor an option.

The good news is, the bank account is starting to fatten up a bit.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2013