Anyone?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by N&CLandscaping, Jul 27, 2006.

1. N&CLandscaping

N&CLandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

How much would you charge for a lot of about 600sq. to be preped,graded,and sodded? I just got a call from this guy who would like this done. Any help would be apreciated!
    Thanks!

2. DodgeTruckMan731

DodgeTruckMan731 LawnSite Senior Member

Whats it like now, any pics?

3. N&CLandscaping

No pics, its just old grass nothig else. short and dead.

4. DodgeTruckMan731

is it pretty level already?, or will you have to bring in or take some grade out?

5. N&CLandscaping

its mainly level, just very little grading sry. for no pics though

6. DodgeTruckMan731

how much will material be, then work off of that, how much will it cost you in gas, will you have to rent equipment, how many guys will be working with you how much are you going to pay them, just add it all up to a fair price for the client and you, BTw do you have AIM

7. N&CLandscaping

Unfortunately no. Thanks for the advice! Hey how much equipment and clients do you have?

8. DodgeTruckMan731

i got almost the same equip as you just i have a craftsman shred and vac over the echo, craftsman has been goo to be but im looking at the mini z's i just started getting flyer's out this year and i put them out late so i only ended up with 10 accounts so far this year, but 8 out of 10 of them are huge!!!

9. Poncho25

Poncho25 LawnSite Senior Member

Most places around here charge around .75 per sq.ft. for removal and resoding.

10. martinfan06

martinfan06 LawnSite Senior Member

The problem im having is the 600 sq ft, because biggest sod pallet I know of is 500 so I would think you would ether have to charge for 2 pallets, and do something with the other or maybe there's more you could re sod. heres how I would bid that in my area.
    2 pallets sod delivered and installed=500$
    prep work est 3 hrs@40 per hour=120$
    equipment rental=sod cutter 60$
    dump fee and removal=150$
    total cost=830$ (your cost) 250$+expenses