Anyones daily driver a flatbed?????

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by KrayzKajun, Jan 21, 2013.

1. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

I dont think the weight will be a problem. I would get my 85gal transfer tank powder coated black to match the bed.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. LandFakers

LandFakers LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

I would go for it man

3. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

4. Son's Lawn Maintenance LLC

Son's Lawn Maintenance LLC LawnSite Member

We have a 1 TON with a flatbed. Best purchase we made besides the NPR. Keeps people from scratching up ur fenders and side of your truck getting tools and supplies out. We can put 2 pallets of sod on it also. Our's has two underbody tool boxes mounted on each side. Go for it.

5. KrayzKajun

that is one of the main reasons, scratching my fenders up, leaning over the side the truck. etc...

6. Son's Lawn Maintenance LLC

Son's Lawn Maintenance LLC LawnSite Member

Ours had the flat bed already on it but thats the main reasons i would have changed it also. Go for it u wont be let down!!

7. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

In some states if you alter a truck bed you have to let motor vehicle know in some cases they give you different plates and require different insurance:waving:

8. Marek

Marek LawnSite Bronze Member

I may take our 12 350 with the Eby aluminum bed as my truck till I decide to buy another . Its nice not having to worry about tearing up the sides or loading pallets on it . We even had aluminum sides made for ours so if we choose we have sides almost equal to a pick up

DSC_0400 (800x536).jpg

9. KrayzKajun

Beautiful truck Marek

10. Marek

Marek LawnSite Bronze Member

here is one with the sides . Like I said so far I cant find a downside to a flatbed . We went with aluminum over steel due to the salting that we do. If the sides get trashed we can call them up and pick up another set for 600 bucks. Cant do that with a pick up. Bed also has a hidaway goose neck hitch. We dont have a gooseneck but it was only 250 to have one installed when they did the bed.

DSC_0185 (800x536).jpg

Last edited: Jan 22, 2013