1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Anything Against Toro?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Family Man Lawn Care, Jan 19, 2005.

1. Family Man Lawn Care

Family Man Lawn Care LawnSite Member

I started my lawn care business last summer and have been adding equipment ever since. I recently purchased a used (with low hours) Toro Proline 37 WB w/ T-Bar and floating deck. I love it. It starts on the first crank and mows like a champ. I see a lot of posts and members talking about Exmarks, Scags, JD's, etc. but I haven't seen anyone talk about Toro products. Am I out of the loop? Are you guys all driving Cadillac's and I'm in a AMC Gremlin?
  2. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I have a toro proline 52'' floating deck and t-bar controls and I like it very well
  3. ztoro

ztoro LawnSite Senior Member

I think anything with the new turbo force deck is great..... I am not a fan of the old sfs decks though.. The proline fixed decks are a nice machine..... The SFS decks are fine but in my opinion the new turbo decks are a huge difference....
  4. Precision

Precision LawnSite Silver Member

Tons of people on here love Toro.

I have a WB 36 w t bar and love it. She is old and still works great.
  5. lawnguy001

lawnguy001 LawnSite Member

Picked up a used Toro hydro last Oct. Has a 44' SFS deck. I'm pleased with the cut and I can't believe how much easier it is to use than my old belt drive 36''. Toro's O.K. by me !
  6. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a Toro 32" belt wb. Nothing fancy but it does the job and its dependable. Only thing about Toro is that in my area there's only one Toro dealer and they will screw you bigtime (i.e. they quoted be $379 + tax for a new transmission - I bought the same exact transmission for $203 delivered to my door). I don't go there unless I have to.
  7. brinlee lawn

brinlee lawn LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 98 model 36 in. fixed deck proline toro it is a great machine I also have a 21 in proline also a great machine
  8. Cobra Jock

Cobra Jock LawnSite Member

The only problem I have with Toro is that it isn't a Hustler :nono:
  9. marko

marko LawnSite Senior Member

I just got a 36" T bar fixed deck. Cant wait to try it out!
  10. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

I never mow with anything other than Toro.