1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Anything better than Pro Roundup

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Lawnworks, Oct 6, 2005.

1. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

I have been using granular Pro-Roundup for a couple of years, and I am becoming less satisfied. It seems lately that it is not killing weeds as well as the past, and the stuff cost $100 per gallon of concentrate. Does anybody know of anything a little more effective and cheaper?
  2. rshofcols

rshofcols LawnSite Member
    from ohio

try razor pro
  3. teeca

teeca LawnSite Bronze Member

i 2nd the razor pro.. if price isn't a concern and you want a FAST burn down, use reward, cost $150 gal + surfactant, but it works great! vegitation will brown and die with-in a day... i use it for aquatic weeds and have used it in landscapes also.
  4. ArizPestWeed

ArizPestWeed LawnSite Bronze Member

Use just " Razor" , and add your own quality surfactant .
    It can be better than anything out there .
    Also add 24d
  5. bluemoon7

bluemoon7 LawnSite Member

The best and most cost effective combo we have found is Vegemec (a Gordon's product) + Round Pro dry. Vegemec has very fast burndown (less than 24 hrs in the right weather), but does not do well on grassy weeds.. so we add 3 oz of Round Up Pro dry (to a 4 gal backpack) and that gets the grass. Vegemec is about $110 a case(5 gallons), and the Round-up is about $90 for 6.8 lbs... and yes I am licensed and certified.
  6. griffy77

griffy77 LawnSite Member

I have tried several weed killers and so far i have found that Prosecuter Pro from Lesco does the trick. Within 24 hours the weeds are dead!! You can almost watch them die.
  7. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

If you're using glyphosate, you can get it at places like TSC for a much better price. They sell Gordon's Pronto, which is 41% gly (same as Lesco Prosecutor and Roundup super concentrate). Mixed at 3 oz. per gal., it is very effective. The difference? The Roundup is $100 per gal., the Pronto is $40 per gal. Same stuff. For real fast burndown, Lesco's Scythe works great. It takes very little mixed with the gly, and the stuff is brown in a day. I use a weaker mix of Scythe that takes about two days. You don't want it to burn down too fast, because it can affect the uptake and overall effectiveness of the glyphosate.
  8. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

Presecutor from lesco
  9. ArizPestWeed

ArizPestWeed LawnSite Bronze Member

I just bought some 41% gly for $50 per 2.5 gal
  10. Grassmechanic

Grassmechanic LawnSite Silver Member

Same here. :waving: