1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

anything better than SNAPSHOT?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by whiteclifflawn, Jun 13, 2005.

1. whiteclifflawn

whiteclifflawn LawnSite Member

I have been using snapshot on all my beds, but this year they are getting hard to keepp ahold on. I already have two girls weeding for me, but they are having to just about go all the time. Just looking for a better product, Might just be too much rain, or impropper spreading.
  2. Gladestraveller

Gladestraveller LawnSite Member

You may be right on the rainfall. Two products that my customers use here in SwFL in programs are our Regalstar G (oxadiazon/prodiamine combination) and Regalkade G(prodiamine) they have great solubility characteristics and get many escape weeds that snapshot and other chemistries do not seem to get. You need to be careful around annuals with oxadiazon and will have be aware of sensitivity in your strategy of planting and application.

Best of Luck!
  3. Shady Brook

Shady Brook LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

I have been having a terrible time with Snapshot in my beds this year as well. Very frustrateing! I would love to hear some comments, but to my knowledge it is supposed to be about the best.
  4. ThreeWide

ThreeWide LawnSite Bronze Member

You might try straight Barricade with no fertilizer carrier (RegalKade G mentioned above) I've used it with good results.

You can also get Barricade at Lesco sold as Stonewall 0-0-8.

I'm not saying Barricade is a better product, but the cost is certainly lower than Snapshot.
  5. Neal Wolbert

Neal Wolbert LawnSite Senior Member

Gallery/Barricade liquid is the ticket right over-the-top on everything except tulips. 4+ months control with each app. in the rainy Northwest. Beats Snapshot because you can play with the rates and saves money too. Neal