Anything that i should know about PONDECO systems??

Discussion in 'Water Features' started by scooterbug311, Feb 8, 2008.

1. scooterbug311

scooterbug311 LawnSite Member

I just heard about pondeco last night i i have done a little research about them and i want to know from your guys experience if it is a good product?
    any info is more then needed.

2. roknh20

roknh20 LawnSite Member

Most of the water gardens in the Tulsa and surrounding areas are installed using the Pondeco systems. They are always coming out with new products that make water gardening easier. Check out their new Waterfall Diffuser if you get the chance. We install their fountain basins all the time.

3. scooterbug311

Yeah i have been watching the videos on the home page of itsparadiceathome.com and i have to say i am very very impressed by the product. I talked to chris at one of the branches and man talk about a wonderful help he was. I would really like to talk to the owner and the guy in the video clips on the home page. I know he would be great conversation. In colorado there are very few people that use Pondeco and i think that my company may start using it but i still need to do research on things. I am way new and have a bounch of questions. Write back to me if you know how i could get a hold of that guy!!!

4. roknh20

roknh20 LawnSite Member

The biggest problem with Pondeco is the lack of marketing materials. That's really what makes other products so expensive. I know several installers that will use nothing else but PondEco. The developer of PondEco started out as a stone mason with a great passion for pond building. He has always said you should never cut the liner and he has designed his products keeping that in mind. The fewer times you have to go back to a job to trace leaks the more money you make. Being in the pond business for over 15 years, we've had to wade thru alot of bad products to get to the great ones.
    Good Luck!

5. scooterbug311

so roknh20, do you know the guy in those videos?

6. scooterbug311

roknh20, what kind of liners does the pondeco system use?

7. roknh20

roknh20 LawnSite Member

Yes I do know the guys in the videos. Some of the videos were done when building Paul James "Gardening by the Yard" on HGTV a pond. The others have been done in the owners backyard or at his retail yard. He's always in his garage creating products like a mad scientist. The whole family work together, the wife and both sons and daughter-in-law.

8. roknh20

roknh20 LawnSite Member

Always EPDM Firestone and sometimes Pond King.

9. scooterbug311

so tell me.....
    Is pondeco the owners own design? How long does the media in the filter last? do you know anyone in Colorado that uses pondeco? How does the pondeco hold up in extream weather like we have here in Colorado?

It sounds to me like his Business is ran like our business. Its my Father and mother's business. I help run it, my wife does our news letters, my little brother( ok he is 6'2") and three cousins work on my mowing crews and know the pond thing has become my new "Task At Hand". I can not wait for the ground to unfreeze so i can start digging.

Write back lets talk!!!

10. TRBIGCREEK

TRBIGCREEK LawnSite Member

Bug,

Sorry to intrude by I just got off the phone with the man in charge and talk about great customer service. I've been looking for at-least one more line to go with our others and Pond Eco is it.

When I started building ponds I was always afraid of cutting the liner and used to use the same system with Atlantic or Pondsweep that Pond Eco uses. But it was hard to get the skimmers anchored, so I like the ridge design of PE to hold the skimmer in place.

TR