anyway to get my sutech to stripe

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by narly1_2000, Jul 10, 2003.

1. narly1_2000

narly1_2000 LawnSite Member

Love my lawn to look like the one down the street. Would rather not have to do the chain thing. Any suggestions? Glenn

2. gogetter

gogetter Banned

A roller, or for that small of a mower, perhaps a rubbber mud flap.
    I personally would choose roller, because it seems to me that a rubber flap would maybe get in the way when backing up. But I know some guys here use them on smaller mowers so.......

There's a thread on here with detailed instructions and pics for making a striping roller.

3. narly1_2000

Thanks Jonathan, Ill check it out

4. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

1: Unscrew the gas cap
    2: Lift the gas cap up
    3: Slide the Sutech out
    4: Slide a commercial mower in
    5: Replace the gas cap

That's the easiest way to get a Sutech to stripe.

:D :D :D

5. narly1_2000

Thats funny lawnboy. Get a real job and stop bugging a homeowner that asks a simple question. Sorry that I dont have 4000 dollars to spend on a commercial machine

6. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

This isn't harry homeowner forum now is it? Your a electrician and you don't have $4000. lol You tell us to get a real job? Maybe you need one.:D

7. The Lawn Boy Pro

The Lawn Boy Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

Sutech's suuuuckkkkkkk!!!!!!! Why'd you even buy one?:confused:

8. TROTTMAN

TROTTMAN LawnSite Senior Member

I love my Sutech. Its a really good mower for a trim mower. It can fit anywhere and mower around anything and its really light so it can be moved around really fast.

It can, however, be really tiring to use (no separate sides or reverse) and it can't cut really tall grass well because of the small (12" blades). But the quality of the mower is fine. It is definately a commercial grade mower. It is leaps and bounds ahead of a Troy bilt 33" mower and around the same price.

I am going to sell my 21" mower and keep my Sutech as a trim mower. It has a really nice cut too.

9. narly1_2000

Like my sutech as well. Dont do many lawns (1) And just wanted a little advice and the big boys jump on me. Im just a homeowner that wanted to hear what the pros think

10. TROTTMAN

TROTTMAN LawnSite Senior Member

Oh don't worry about it. They are just joking around since they don't like a certain brand. Theres nothing wrong with a Sutech, its a perfect mower for what its made for. It is not made for large areas etc, its made to be a large trim mower. It has a short wheelbase and wheel width and mows over undulating ground very well without scalping etc. It fits through almost every gate imaginable. It is likely the best back up mower available.

If you have a hefty load, however, it becomes exhausting since you have to turn it with your own force. Its also not good for clean up jobs or long grass since the blades or only 12". This kind of tall grass will not fully back up once you pass over it and part of it will stay standing once you pass. - But its not made for fields, its made for grass lol.

I have no idea how to make a striping kit though. I think just put some kind of roller or plastic strip of some sort behind it. I have a lawn care and I don't worry about it a single bit. I just make sure the lawn looks really nice and flat. The main thing is that the edging looks good. Thats the hardest part of a lawn IMO.