AOL Users are you having any problems?

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by jpp, Oct 12, 2005.

1. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

Ok still the same issues as in my previous thread for help. Any AOL users having any problems? I was just fine until the upgrades were done. I have shut down, turned off firewalls, I am running Windows xp. Could this be the issue?

Here is that thread:
    http://lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=121325

Thanks,

JP

2. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

I cant help ya with AOL. They unnecasarily (thank God!) banned me back in 1994, and that was the last I used it.

To me it's like trying to swim with one hand tied behind my back, and ankle weights on my feet! Some people like it, but most that do, don't know how better it is without it.

Good Luck

3. KathysLGC

KathysLGC LawnSite Bronze Member

Are you accessing these two site from your favorite folder? If so try deleting the links, erase your cookies and type in plowsite or lawnsite in your web browser. Log in and start looking around to see if you are still getting kicked off. If not, go to the main page and resave the site into your favorites folder. Once in a blue saved links have issues or if the admin upgrades their software you might have log in issues with the saved old URL.

Let me know if that helps. If not I can continue to help trouble shoot this with you.

4. jpp

I have been gaining access from my browser. I did check and see and I did have it saved in my favorites folder. I have deleted them but still am having the same problem. Right now I am on Internet explorer and it works fine. Thanks for the help though. I can use IE to get on it not a problem to do that but after getting use to using AOL It ticks me off each time because I forget that I cannot stay on.

JP

JP

5. KathysLGC

I run IE at work and AOL at home. Did you do any aol upgrades recently? What version AOL are you running? To access the page you type www.lawnsite . com into the browser? It sounds as if cookies are not enabled with aol for some reason. Did you change any settings?

6. jpp

I did do an upgrade last night thinking that would help. But it did not. I am now running 9.0 security editon se. Yep that is what I type when I get on Lawnsite. I have not changed any setting other than the Upgrade I did last night. But I did not go in and change anything else.

Thanks,

JP

7. KathysLGC

When your typing the addy into the browser does it auto complete it?
    This shouldn't be a firewall issue or antivirus issue so keep all that stuff on. Are these the only two message boards your having trouble with?

8. jpp

Yes it auto completes when I do not clear my cookies or browser. Yep only these two boards are the problem ones.

9. KathysLGC

You will need to clear your history, delete cookies/off line content as well. Try not typing the complete web address in the browser. Just type in lawn site for a search then click on the link, sign in look around and see if the problem is still there. Look at your user preferences and see if everything is normal. Some updates to boards give aol users problems. Not sure why. You can contact AOL and give them the two URLs to see if it's something on their end.
    Try going to Welding web and see if you have issues there. There might be a test thread where you can post a test.

10. jpp

Thanks. I will be contacting AOL here shortly. Thanks for all the suggestions and help. Will let you know what AOL has to say. You were more help then the admin here and gave me more sugguestions and responses as well.