AOLP conference in Scottsdale, AZ

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by The Lighting Geek, Oct 31, 2010.

1. The Lighting Geek

The Lighting Geek LawnSite Senior Member

I am pretty pumped about this year's annual conference. There is going to be a stellar Sales session with Paul Gosselin speaking about networking and social media, and how he has made it work for him. Oscar Welch has a very timely talk about marketing. They both have extraordinary information to share! I will be speaking about branding. Yes, believe it or not, I am going to tell everyone exactly how I managed to become a household name in my local market and how that opened doors to national TV. But you have to be there to experience the 3 of us.

This is only one of the many different sessions available to you at this year's AOLP Conference. I have been hearing rumors they have big plans at this conference to make this the best experience possible.

I am going to be there and you should too. Scottsdale will never be the same...LOL

Who's going to be there? Chime in!

Last edited: Oct 31, 2010
  2. niteliters

niteliters LawnSite Senior Member

you know I will be there Tommy, I think the conference committee is close to having the rest of the schedule ready to put up on the website and post here as well. Last years conference was very helpful to our business and am impressed with what I have heard so far about this year. It's the perfect time of year to have this time of instruction and networking to kick of the new season.

3. RLI Electric

RLI Electric LawnSite Senior Member

I am planning on going. This will be my first time to the conference and Arizona for that matter so I am excited for both.

4. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting LawnSite Platinum Member

I am planning on going. Just awaiting the final conference program before deciding if I will go alone or bring along my lead hand.

5. niteliters

James, hope you find it worth it to bring him. My boss is sending 2 more of our men this year to take the clvlt test. They will be staying for the conference as well

6. elegance_alex

elegance_alex LawnSite Member

We've got a great LED seminar planned - 4 great speakers!

7. niteliters

when will schedule be released?

8. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting LawnSite Platinum Member

Just looking at the expenses associated with attending the conference in Scottsdale this time around. Airfare is just insane, even out of Buffalo. Bottom line it will cost me just a bit under $3000 to attend a 3 day conference. This has me sitting on the fence again and certainly not going to bring along another. As I am not interested in clvlt or cold, it is just another trade show / get together for me.

I know there is some 'natural attraction' for the AOLP to be in Scottsdale, but it really isn't a hub for travel to and from. So many other venues would be so much easier and more affordable. I hope the AOLP Directors take a serious look at this for the future.

9. AOLP

AOLP Inactive

serious look and action. The conference is moving eat next year. There was an agreement made with the Chaparall a few years ago to come this time that helped the association out financially a few years ago.

10. RLDesign

RLDesign LawnSite Member

I agree that a hub would be better. I think it is important to have a base related to great lighting designs. I like the lighting of the caves in San Antonio. It made me think about options to provide my services. I will be doing my first wedding design this spring. I would like it if everyone out west had to fly east. We do install lighting on the east coast. I am just kidding. I will be attending conference, but I did not see the value until I attended.

Talk to you all in AZ.

Best regards,

Tanek Hood
    Reynolds Lighting Design 609-468-8488 (In case someone wanted to call me about my experience at conference!)