AOLP Texas Chapter

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by NightScenes, Mar 25, 2010.

1. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting LawnSite Platinum Member

Thank you for that information Paul.

2. seolatlanta

seolatlanta LawnSite Member

Way to go Paul , congrats on getting the Texas chapter up and running.

I am sure this has taken up a lot of your time , but the Karma gods will be shining down upon you....

At least thats what I think anyway :)

Please keep us posted on how things unfold and what others can do to open up other chapters.

3. NightScenes

NightScenes LawnSite Silver Member

Thanks David, I appreciate it. Have a great weekend.

4. NightScenes

OK, it looks like we're finally starting to get a little interest in the Texas Chapter of the AOLP. We just started a Facebook page for the chapter so if you do lighting in Texas, please LIKE the page to get up-to-the-minute info. We're also making plans for a mixer and regional CLVLT exam! www.facebook.com/aolptexas

5. PlantscapeSolutions

PlantscapeSolutions LawnSite Silver Member

I just printed out the AOLP application. I like the idea of a local Texas exam. South Padre? I'm here in Buda not too awful far from you. I'd like to get more serious about my lighting sales. There are way too many hack job artists out there making a living by being the cheap guy selling crap.

I'm amazed at all the guys who still use wires nuts on stranded cable. I use wire nuts but I use my solder pot first. I was at a customers 2 million dollar house the other day and the lighting guy had used interior use wire nuts on everything.

I got called out to look at a job Sundance Landscape had done for one of my customers a while back. The lights had no power but they had worked for a while. They had opened the sockets up all the way instead of closing them to bite on the wires. The sockets were open so much that it had pinched the wires inside of the transformer body. After a while things grounded out and nothing worked.

6. PlantscapeSolutions

Just joined online and saved a stamp.

7. NightScenes

That's great, welcome aboard! We are currently working on setting up some functions in central Texas soon. The top priority will be a regional CLVLT exam, probably in the spring.

Have an illuminating day,

8. PlantscapeSolutions

I like the idea of a local exam. Going to FL makes taking the exam a little expensive. I'm very interested to know the topics and type of material covered on the exam.

9. NightScenes

The exam has 8 parts. One section is a multiple choice test and then there are 7 hands-on sections that cover lamps, transformers, troubleshooting, maintenance, design, installation, and voltage drop. We use products from almost all of the major manufacturers so when you have passed the exam you can pretty much work on just about any system you may encounter.
    Once you sign up for the exam you will be issued a study guide from which the exam is based 100%.

Once again, welcome to the AOLP and I am happy to help you in any way I can.

10. PlantscapeSolutions

I think your son may have PM'd a while back about the HBL forum I was trying to get together to help members work together as a group on issues. Is Texasfire221 your son's lawnsite screen name?