Apartment complex bid help

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by orinicklawncare, Jan 3, 2014.

1. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic
    Male

2. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic
    Male

the mulch blower way is usually one guy with a blower cleaning off plants and side walks with a blower.
    one guy to help the main guy manage hose.

trouble is if the machine breaks down, gets clogged etc..

I cant for the life of me recall what the mulch blower rate is anymore (I havent used one since 2005)

But Ill still wager you're at $90 per yard... so the $12000 isnt going to be too far off.

Whats your cost on bulk mulch in Va?

3. Well Tpendagast I do agree with you on the mulching pricing, where I disagree with you is the Three men mowing and trimming and blowing this complex in six and a half hours, you brought up some valid points about the mulch install, but you I don't believe have taken in to account the obstacles that are going to arise when doing the mowing. From the pictures I count 14 or 15 buildings one is the rental office or club house getting back to the time, just going back and forth switching equipment out is time consuming where do they park there truck at building 1 or building 15???its a long walk where ever they park. While we understand that different types of equipment costs are more for larger and less for smaller this property will only need 36's WB with sulky and good old 21's anything larger will be counter productive. So when you estimate your man hour rate I believe it's flawed. The hourly rate should be charged on the skill level and experience required to complete this job, in your calculation I don't see any crew CHEIF or supervisor figured in. Oh any company that does not make a profit on something that they have to purchase the mulch for example is taking the profit from one aspect of the project and losing it here ( a percentage). Still cannot see the six and a half hours and giving them the job they should receive. The books that you are reading leave out the human factor in there calculations, the same man can not do what he did at eight in the morning and at three in the afternoon.

4. ANA Proscapes

ANA Proscapes LawnSite Member
    from NH

This site can easily be done with 2 52" z turns and a 48" walkbehind for tight areas. 3 guys can mow, trim, and blow it off in 8hrs. It would be best to have a 4th person to start picking up trash and other stuff then start trimming once the mowers are far enough ahead. The pic isn't that great but I don't see any need for anything smaller than a 48" mower. IMO
    Posted via Mobile Device