Apartment complex

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by josco, Mar 12, 2007.

1. josco

josco LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

Possible bid on large apartment complex, any advice would be appreciated.
    this is an 8 building complex about 40 units each.
    Lots of cars around. Cars do not come up to grass so no trimming under bumpers, but still obviously lots of trimming. This is approx. 300,000 sq.ft.of turf or 6.8 acres . Just not sure how to bid this due to high liability. I'm thinking around $700 per cut. Would like to know how long this might take. How many workers necessary. This is also not a very nice area so theft could be a possibility. Also, 2 acres of this is open east to cut turf. Any replies would be appreciated. Thanks!

2. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

I won't go somewhere that I have to worry about losing my equipment. Maybe 4-5 hrs worth of work solo.Maybe $350-400. If its a bad neighborhood do you think they're gonna be willing to pay a decent rate for lawn service?

3. josco

josco LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

Thanks for info Albery's. I thought more like 6-7 hrs. with the trimming and blowing.

4. TNT Lawncare

TNT Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I would hire someone to trim while you mow. Mowing apt complexes sucks but someone has to do it. Usually alot of trimming. That is what takes the most time. Also, if I were you, I would buy alot of locks and cables to secure everything. No use in making $500 if someone steals $2000 worth of equipment while your doing it. Oh yeah, carry a gun with you.