Apartment Complexes?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Dodgemania, Apr 26, 2005.

1. Dodgemania

Dodgemania LawnSite Member

I was wondering what kind of money is in apartment complexes. Mowing, mulching, and clean-ups.

I would like to here some numbers of what the properties (apartment complex) are going for. If you could describe the the properties and what you do and what you charge monthly. Probably a little personal but most everybody comes from different areas,

And for anybody that wants to know why I'm asking this, it's because I'm curious to know the kind of money that can be made in property maintenance.

2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

This is an easy one...Just look at what they were paying 20 years ago. This will give you an indicator of what they have been paying recently, and what they are willing to pay.

Seriously, do a quick search, and you'll find alot of experience with apartments. I have a few posts on here as well. Look for the keywords and phrases of "apartments", "new management", "lowest price", and "drop you". Oh yeah,..."no loyalty" may bring a few results, too.

3. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

Yea buddy, apartments suck. They will drag u thru the coals and then dump u for the next sucker for lower money. My policy is "no apartments!"

4. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

You just have to have the right customers. 70% of our work is for apartment complexes. They have been the most loyal and best payers for us. We average $35 to $45 per man hour on these properties, which is pretty good for this area.They pay 12 months and we dont even send them any invoices.