1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Apartment/Condo Bids

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by EFS, Dec 12, 2010.

1. HPSInc

HPSInc LawnSite Senior Member

I agree with you as well. I wasnt singling you out so i hope you didnt take it so. Its just that ive been around this stuff long enough already to know that even the company who has a big reputation and alot of men can do some really half-@$$ed work. Whereas the small guy might do a great job because that account means much more to him. Getting in over your head as far as commercial accounts is not a good thing. Recently a decent sized company completely threw in the towel and left an account hanging because they couldnt handle the snow removal after we got hammered with lots of snow quickly. Another company came in and got the job done. Cost a fortune for 1 night of snow removal and they brought in 10 men, plow trucks, snow blowers, Giant komatsus etc, now they have the account...but now that other company ruined their reputation, became sort of a laughing stock because they gave up so quickly, and will no longer get work from that property manager who has a ton of places and lots of work to go around.

2. Big C

Big C LawnSite Bronze Member

It seems like you have a pretty good handle on the situation....go for it!....good luck and keep me posted!!

3. newjerseylandscaping

newjerseylandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Good luck let us know how it works out for you.