Apartment?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ztrguy, May 19, 2003.

1. ztrguy

ztrguy LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE FL

Hey Everyone,

I'm planning on moving next year and I was wondering if anyone in the lawn service business lives in an apartment? It would be easier for me to just find an apartment complex when I move, but I was wondering if it would be impossible to have a lawn service and live in an apartment? I would definitely have to use my enclosed trailer, but what about sharpening blades, changing blades, etc? Would it be bothersome to the apartment complex? Anyways, just trying to get all the feedback and ideas of what you guys think? Thanks.

2. jeremiahbabb

jeremiahbabb LawnSite Member

My partner in my business lives in an apartment, and though it might be a little hassle to you sometimes, I dont really think it would be too bad. Some apartments even have storage facilities, where you could keep your spare parts and smaller equipment. In the part of the country where I live it is cheaper to rent a house than an apartment, but I guess thats different everywhere. Good luck in whatever you decide.

-Jeremiah Babb :cool:

3. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Rent a storage unit maybe? But I don't know if they would have electrical access. Or rent a shop. You could do most work with hand tools if you had to. You could always take your blades to a small engine repair shop or a dealership to have them sharpened (just a thought).

4. stevo22

stevo22 LawnSite Senior Member

i live in an appartment right now and we have had some problems..1. they towed one of my trailers last yr...cost 300 to get it back...said they had no idea who it belonged to, oh really..seeing me leave w/ it daily i guess wasn't enough indication who was using it i guess...2. just got a parking ticket last week for double parking...this yr if i came in late (after it had gotten dark), and planned on leaving 7ish the next morning i would park at the apartment to save a trip to the storage faciltiy...

i keep mine at a storage faciltiy w/i minutes from my apartment...i have no choice in the matter...i do not have anyone that i can park it at that is close..re maintenance, my brother in law sharpens all my blades and i do other mtx stuff at my father in law's place...can't wait until we buid the house and shop next yr...