1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by shiveslandcsaping, Sep 12, 2005.

1. shiveslandcsaping

shiveslandcsaping LawnSite Member

I have been told apartments are bid based on the amount of units there. Has anyone ever done this?
  2. cborden

cborden LawnSite Member
    from 46140

I have a set of condos. I decided what I wanted for the whole place, then I divided it by the number of units, this seemed to make them happy. Pricing it this way made it easier for them to place it on the home owners' service bill.
  3. parttimer

parttimer LawnSite Member

Im am cutting 16 apt units all together that takes me 3and half hrs i priced it for 175.00, so do you think this is to cheap? :)
  4. ajlandscaping

ajlandscaping LawnSite Member

5. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

Thats $50.00/hr. I dont think thats too bad, well if you are a solo or a two man show.
  6. JTW

JTW LawnSite Member

Just out of curiosity, why wouldn't you price it by sq. footage?
  7. cborden

cborden LawnSite Member
    from 46140

I charge $50.00 a man-hour. If you are working by yourself and doing it in three and a half hours, then $175.00 is what I'd charge. If you have a helper, then it is taking seven man-hours and I would charge $350.00. I charge by man-hour, I've gotten to where I can get with in about ten minutes of how long it will take us to do a certain cut [all we do is mowing ]. I have found for me there are to manny varibles for pricing by square foot. If someone wants a square foot price, I divide what I want for the job by 1000 square feet and thats what I charge per 1000 square. This works for me, doesn't mean it'll work for everyone.