1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bubba, Feb 24, 2000.

1. bubba

bubba LawnSite Member

priced a 48 unit complex today, wondering<br>if 3500.00 per cut based on 33 cuts sounds fair.<br>my first time pricing such a big job.<br>any suggestions would be helpful.
  2. cjcland

cjcland LawnSite Senior Member

how many acres is it?<p>----------<br>CJC Landscape Management<br>Winter Haven, Florida
  3. cutntrim

cutntrim LawnSite Senior Member

Must be nice to bid on a property that size. That's the highest per cut amount I've ever heard of in my life. I assume it's the equivalent of cutting a small city.<p>----------<br>Dave in S.Ontario<br>
  4. bubba

bubba LawnSite Member

cjclawn<br>it is about 28 acers?
  5. cjcland

cjcland LawnSite Senior Member

that seems really high for 28 acres but you have seen it i havent 1000-1500 seems more like it per cut<p>----------<br>CJC Landscape Management<br>Winter Haven, Florida
  6. Lanelle

Lanelle LawnSite Bronze Member

A few things:<br>Does your price include power edging on a regular basis?<br>Will you have a lot of leaf clean-up or other debris clean-up to do as part of the mowing?<br>These elements as well as how much actual turf you are mowing, taking into consideration the obstacles and trimming that add time to a job should be factored together to derive a final price? Also, some management companies want a service report for each time that you're on the job. This verifies which services were performed on a given day. Add a little time for report production if they want it. The company that I work for has over 80 contracts for common area mowing. The size of these contracts varies according to how large the property is, not how many people live there. Contracts for over $100K do exist. Just make sure that you know how many manhours you are committing your company to perform and plan for equipment and labor accordingly. You might want to read the thread about measuring properties to make sure that you have an accurate number.
  7. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

We have a hospital in our area that is about 30 acres and it only pays $1000.00 per cut. Thats edging, trimming and all. Where is this complex at, I might think about moving to your area if things are going that good.<p>Homer
  8. gorrell

gorrell LawnSite Senior Member

Bubba, I think you must have meant $350.00/cut. I've been in the apartment arena before, and I doubt if any manager is going to go for $3500.00/cut. Anyway, for 48 acres, if that was correct, it's probably a little on the low side. I'd probably charge around $800.00 if the property was actually 48 acres. Thanks, lynn
  9. Mowing, trimming, edging, 48 acres of turf and charging $800 for the entire job leaves you with a gross sales of $16.66 per hour<br>which will just about cover your actual<br>labor costs in the Northeast US market.<br>
  10. bdemir

bdemir LawnSite Senior Member

Gorell, <br>You are charging so low how would you make anything.