Apology is in order for doubting the 48"

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by grasssin, Mar 26, 2004.

1. grasssin

grasssin LawnSite Senior Member

Got her today took her for her test period

exmark 012.jpg

2. thegreenjeansman

thegreenjeansman LawnSite Member

i just bought the same girl, great isn't it, wait till you see those first cuts, already picked up a few new accounts just by having her out the yard cutting;)

3. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Congrats guys,

Enjoy...........who would have thought cutting grass could be sooo much fun.

Terry

4. grasssin

oh yeah, here is that grass I cut to see how it would turn out:

Before:

exmark 003.jpg

5. grasssin

and after:

After earlier saying I was worried about the cut quality I apologize:

exmark 017.jpg

6. eXmark

Grassin,

If you like that put a set of the solid airfoil Excalibur blades on. But a word of caution. Not everyone finds cutting grass as much fun as some of us. People often stare when you’re riding around with a really big grin on your face………..or maybe it’s just me that they do that too?

Thanks,

Terry

7. grasssin

I got the mulch kit on their, is the Airfoil Excaliburs a different set?

8. eXmark

Grassin,

Ooops! I should've read your post more closely. Stick with the mulching blades.

Terry

9. grasssin

What is the difference in the notched Excaliburs and the solid Excaliburs? I have the notched on there right now, is the solid a better blade?

10. eXmark

Grassin,

The Notched airfoil blade is a high lift blade with a 3/4 circle of material removed from the inside of the airfoil at the transition point between the airfoil and the flat portion of the blade. The solid airfoil is a high lift as well. The material at the transition between the airfoil and the flat portion of the blade however is left intact for a more gradual transition.

Both blades perform well when used for bagging or side discharging. The notched blade works best in wet conditions and the solid performs best in drier conditions..........it also gives a more manicured cut in these conditions.

For mulching I prefer the standard mulch kit however there are those that like the new Extreme blade with the "serrated" airfoil.

Let me know if this isn't clear.

Thanks

Terry