1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bastalker, May 4, 2003.

1. bastalker

bastalker LawnSite Senior Member

The thread that Sean deleted WAS out of hand.. I apologize to those who were offended. I was grasping for posts that have a positive note, and a little less complaining.

This forum is filled with so much positive information, from new to old. I would hate to think that members would be deterred by any derogatory remarks.

All I am saying is, please think out any replies before you post them, and make sure that if you do post a reply, that it will effect someone in a positive manner.

I know there are new guys, young guys, people just starting out. If you fall in that category, ask!! dont tell....

I have no hard feelings with anyone on this forum..Just think before you post!

Cya in the field.......Mark
  2. lawnkid

lawnkid LawnSite Senior Member

Yes I'm sorry too for anyone I offended. Ditto on what Mark said. I'll try to listen more too and keep the dumb and pointless treads to a minimum. No hard feelings guys. :)
  3. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

DARN, what did I miss?
  4. landscaper3

landscaper3 LawnSite Bronze Member

I have been a member for a few years now and think this is a great site to teach and learn things in our profesion. There are a few that just dont seem to get along and should start a new thread if needed! There are a few posts I dont like and dont bash anyone, but HEY everyone is entilded to there opion to a point!!!!! I remember years ago the guys that were on here and you dont really see them here or at least posting, now why is that, HHMMMMM!
    Dont forget BIG companies advertise here, Exmark, Hustler ect! Hey I still learn new things DAILY and hope I can give some proffesional help if asked! When I signed up there were under 100 members I belive (wow has it grown!)
  5. cos

cos LawnSite Addict

I think alot of people agreed with you, Bastalker.
  6. T.E.

T.E. LawnSite Senior Member

I certainly agreed with you Bastalker, I think some on here could benefit from more reading and less talking.

There are guys on here that I'm sure know more than me, and when I see them start a post or reply to a post I always read it to see what I can learn. Also there are members that if I see who started a post I will skip it or not read there reply to a particular post because I've learned for the most part it will be a lot of hot air.

Just my opinion Senior members keep up the good work
  7. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

I agreed with you.
  8. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

What did I miss - I have had the opportunity to shoot myself in the foot a couple of times too. At the time it seemed like the thing to do, but in retrospect I could have sugar coated the replies.
  9. GraZZmaZter

GraZZmaZter LawnSite Senior Member

I agree. Some people get on here with the intent of taking out their days stress on some poor poster here. ( at least that is how it seems )

I have learned my lesson on lawnsite, and i keep my personal opinions out as much as i can. I love to get on here and read, and read. I love to learn, and i dont like to pick fights on the computer. I remain less opinionated, and concentrate on being a true professional.

Your never to old to learn. I try to learn every day.
  10. Mickhippy

Mickhippy LawnSite Platinum Member

I get the feeling that I'm some- what responsable for that thread being removed. I wish I had of seen some of the remarks after mine.
    Well, Sorry for the camo'ed swear word. It just really angers me when I here about people wanting to seperate themselves (think themselves God like) from the rest of us mere mortals. Isnt it like racism. If the pay site does go ahead, the exclusive members should not be aloud into the free site that they complain so much about. How would they like that?

I would like to thank Bluesteel for getting my point. Cheers!