App guy thinking about mowing?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by addis29, Dec 22, 2011.

1. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

And that payroll barely covers my top guy hes always just above a $1000. Around here you would plan on $1800-2000 a week in payroll for a 2 man crew. Which is sorta why I made my last post the numbers are majorly inflated. You would be far more likely to see a 3000-5000 dollar profit PER MONTH. And one major break down can take that.

Your best bet would be a 4 day cutting list that went Tuesday through Friday with weekends for rain-days. With 10-11 hours a day we typically do see $750-$900 a day from mowing with that set up. So round it to 800 that's 3200 a week but it does cut down on the over time and in my case would knock the salary down to under 1500 a week for 2 men. Our fuel costs are not so bad tight rout and diesel trucks so we only spend with these prices about 400-500 a week for 2 crews.

2. addis29

addis29 LawnSite Member
    from ohio

Have any of you had trouble keeping your mowing crews? The guys leave you because they think they can do it on their own. Do you pay a little more than you should to protect yourself from this.