App. price changes?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Bunton Guy, May 5, 2003.

1. Bunton Guy

Bunton Guy LawnSite Bronze Member

Does your fert aps change price for each different app.?? My 5 step fert program costs me anywhere from 7-15 per bag of fert so should I adjust the price per app to the price I bought it at ?? So far I have kept all apps the same price.

2. philk17088

philk17088 LawnSite Fanatic

I have a five step plan also and base my price on the most expensive application and keep all app price up there so my profit margin is good. It also allows for retreats and service calls.

3. I added up the costs for all the apps per 1000 sq ft, the I devidied by 6 (I do 6 apps/in your case use #5), then I times it by 5, now I got my app price.

I start at $4 per 1000, but it goes down when acrage goes up.

What my cost per 1000 avg?

BTW its 18% less then that now, but the price I charge did not change.

4. Bunton Guy

Bunton Guy LawnSite Bronze Member

well I do 6 also but I dont always consider aerate,overseed an app. Even though it does have starter fert in it.

5. I do a 6 visit program, with aeration and over seed that would be #7.

6. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

6 visits here, too, unless add ons like grubs are there. In many cases, when we have the extreme heat and/or drought, and the places are unirrigated, it can go down to 4. That is when I go out out scouting for Chinch bugs and such, though. These conditions ALWAYS mean this kind of damage.