app. rate for Disper-sul (sulfer)

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Jason Rose, Sep 8, 2006.

1. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

I thought the bags would have rates on them, instead all it has is a generic "apply up to one ton per acre". When I asked one of the guys at lesco about it he said (and hes kinda new too) that to drop pH from 8.0 to 6.8 you would need a total of 21 lbs per 1,000 BUT not all at once. Max rate per app was 4.5 lbs. per 1,000 2 times per year, so that it would take 4 apps to correct a pH problem in that example.

Is that rate correct?

Should I avoid applying over newly seeded/overseeded areas? It seems that in the past when I have applied sulfer to my own lawn (different brand that was mixed with gypsum) The lawn really looked bad after the application, mainly new grass I planted at the time, just seemed like it wasn't rooting in. First time I thought it was a fluke, second year it hapened again, so I think it's the sulfer burning the roots???

Thanks for help!:waving:

2. Jason Rose

A lesco gauge setting would be REALLY awesome too! thanks!

3. stumper1620

stumper1620 LawnSite Bronze Member

4. Jason Rose

thanks... never thought to look there, lol. though that still dosn't have the spreader settings I was able to get a complete label for it! I have no idea WHY none of my 8 bags I received have instructions on them, the PDF of the label on the site was pretty much complete.

5. stumper1620

stumper1620 LawnSite Bronze Member

glad to hear that, I could just imagine the guess work you were trying to come up with.