app rates

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by BLL, Jan 28, 2003.

1. BLL

BLL LawnSite Member
    from MD

Im curious as to how you guys come up with a set app schedule. I knwo when to apply and suck but hwo do yu determine specific numbers for #'s per 1000 and such or are you just copying teh info off the bag. Ive always gone byt eh bags instructions cause thats what teh lesco guys have said to do so just curious as to if and why you would change it, anbd if so how do you knwo where to change it too. Also what is the sugested amount of N to apply per year. And for those of you who need to know im NOT Liscensed but only do my own yard and a very few highly select friends. Thanks

2. KLR

KLR LawnSite Member
    from Zone 6

Bll,
    I can't answer that question, not because I'm keeping any secrets but because I ain't a very good teacher (my explaination would probably confuse you or just seem like mumbo jumbo talk, again, not a reflection on your understanding, but a reflection on my teaching ability)

So, I'd recommend you stick to what the guy at lesco tells you. Hopefully he is in tune with his agronomics.

Here in MA, on our program, we provide about 4.5 #s N per season.

3. BLL

BLL LawnSite Member
    from MD

ok that sounds about right i came op with a program last ngiht that has abotu 3.99 / 1000 so that sounds good im a little further south so id think it needs LESS N but mayeb it needs more since its growing faster. Anybody got any thoughts?

4. lbyl53

lbyl53 Member

We aplly 12-12-20 at a 1/2 lb of N in the spring. followed by 3 1/2 lb apps of milorganite during summer and one 1.5 lb N app of 12 -12 - 20 in late fall to total 3.5 lbs of N