Appearance while working outside

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by FinalCut05, May 27, 2005.

1. FinalCut05

FinalCut05 LawnSite Member

Does any one see a problem in taking your shirt off when working at a customers house? I would like to cause im getting the classic farmers tan really bad but I don't really think it looks very professional. Just wondering what your thoughts are on the subject. :cool:

2. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

I used to do it when I first started, but not for several years now. It's very unprofessional.

3. pagefault

pagefault LawnSite Senior Member

As long as you fold it neatly and put it aside with your shoes, I think it's fine. :rolleyes:

4. betterlawn

betterlawn LawnSite Senior Member
    from MI

You could go to tanning parlor on your off days and wear long tube socks on your arms and legs to even it out. :)

Don't the girls like the farmer tan look? Of course, you've got to get your shirt off before they'd even know...

5. meathead1134

meathead1134 LawnSite Senior Member

thats what I was going to say

6. Remsen1

Remsen1 LawnSite Bronze Member

It's only ok if you're a good looking young lady :p , otherwise no, it isn't very professional.

I remember reading somewhere about somebody who tried a topless mowing service charging premium prices but I don't know how they made out with it.

7. Reliable Lawn Care

Reliable Lawn Care LawnSite Member

We should start one with 2 knock outs in bikinis mowing and call the company, are you ready, 2 BUSTED MOWERS! :D

8. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

If your working out in the coutry might be ok. I never do unless I'm at home tho. A lot of the country boys here do. I think company t shirts look a lot more proffesional. To hot here for polo shirts.

9. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Shirts stay on!!! If they wanted that kind of look on their property, they could've got a discount by hiring a couple of scrub amateurs who are out doing it for their beer money.

10. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

The shirt must stay on! The farmer tan is a evil result of the work we do.

Gravely_Man