Appearance while working outside

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by FinalCut05, May 27, 2005.

1. Remsen1

Remsen1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Want ad: "Wanted two attractive females to assist lawn company while wearing a two piece bathing suit. Work on your tan and make good money."

Have them do little things like pulling some weeds, blowing off hard surfaces, a little pruining here and there and looking pretty. Can't do too much yard work in a bathing suit though. Maybe they could ride a ZTR.

2. Markf

Markf LawnSite Senior Member

I am with Runner. But then again, I remove my hat when talking to female clients or when I enter their house. I also remove my boots when I am going to walk through their house unless they tell me not to. It is know by Professionalism 101 in school.

3. Del9175

Del9175 LawnSite Senior Member

I have one job out in the country and that I take my shirt off. I know the guy pretty well now so I'm not to concerned with it. In fact he and his wife are coming over to a cookout this sunday. Sometimes when pressure cleaing roofs I might take it off as well. Other then that I leave it on.

4. A+ Lawncare

A+ Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

what do you guys think about taking the shirt on but leaving an undergarment on such as an wife beater?

5. The C Man

The C Man LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

How can you even seriously ask that question? Ever seen a UPS driver in a wife beater?

6. CURB APPEAL NC

CURB APPEAL NC LawnSite Member

Does anyone wear long sleeve shirts? im thinking of finding the thinest long sleeves I can and trying it. I already wear a full brim hat and with the long sleeves i wont need bother with sun screen. plus my arms dont get dusty and dirty! this isnt a joke by the way. When it hits 100 around here Ill probably loose the long sleeves though. I thought wearing my big hat would make me hotter but it acually keeps me cooler as the top is vented and the back of my neck thanks me!

7. CURB APPEAL NC

CURB APPEAL NC LawnSite Member

Skin cancer is my fear not the farmers tan!

8. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

You are the boss, do whatever you want. I take mine off occasionally. Is it professional? Who decides what is professional?

9. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

heres what u do: get a cowdoy hat, no shirt and a pair of cowboy boots then it will all go together ;) :angel:

10. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Hmmm... Is the A-shirt unpro? That's what I wear any day it gets over 70, heh. It's still a bit of a farmer's tan but not so bad and you show more skin (and cool better) without being topless. Thou I have not an ounce of fat either and the topless thing tempts me beyond belief and I still do it (did it today, matter of fact).

I think it depends some on the neighborhood as well ... If you're in middle of sophisto-ville it might be a bad idea, but if you're in the middle of a working-class neighborhood, it's probably not that big a deal. I did learn you got to be REAL careful because you can tempt married women, and that can get you in some serious trouble.

Just my thoughts... If you do go topless, be prepared to work extra-hard so it makes more sense :) Be ready to do double-time, so to speak. My favorite is full-pace with wheelbarrow loads of mulch, or trimming so fast it chokes the weed-eater on full throttle.

Say, you ever work so hard that your portable sports mp3 player skipped?
    :)