Appearance while working outside

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by FinalCut05, May 27, 2005.

1. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

That might be what attracts the women because yes, it is evil :)

2. topsites

Yeah, let the 'pros' handle this one. Maybe we should dress in suit and tie to please some folk, but as for me, FTS !

p.s.: scrubs (if that's what I am) get paid as good if not better. Matter of fact, you might even get a bonus if you really look good, lol.

3. topsites

Yeah :rolleyes:

4. topsites

Now see, I never go inside customer's house, to me that is a big no-no. Especially when it's a married woman alone at home, but really, never go inside, you dunno what's coming.

5. topsites

Yeah I'm with you now - No drink or food (no really, not even a soda), never go inside their house, and how anyone could THINK of pool swimming after yard-work, lol, but I guess with employees anything is possible.
    Now the other thing I do is when it's time to speak to the customer, put the shirt back on first. If the customer walks out while you're working topless, well, you know... Lets just say, some approve, some don't, but it is also a great way to 'test' your customer and weed out the undesirables ... I mean, if topless is your thing ... Now if topless is NOT your thing, then don't do it.

6. topsites

yeah but doesn't the police get on you about that indecent exposure crap?

7. topsites

Hell now shorts eat your legs UP weed-eating, I do wear jeans at all times just for that reason but that's another story, and certainly nothing to do with professionalism, just personal preference.

8. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

When I made that statement, I didn't mean those one time only people I can't control. But the every week people on my property would not be allowed to go without shirts. To me, that is just low class. A real business doesn't do work 1/2 nude.

9. nocutting

nocutting LawnSite Senior Member

Further more, we provide company tees for tree work or Lawn/ Landscape services, and Polos for installations,Summer & Winter Ball caps, Shorts are provided, all earth tones, no jeans or cut-offs ever.......We dont use most of your tools but all saftey equipment is provided, & chaps while useing chain saws is required....Creature comfort is a high priorty and wareing clothes is a matter of respect to your clients.[ no matter how hot it is]....Picture "Donald Trump", comein out ta greet you with his shirt off?.....George & Carolyn would just die laughing! :dizzy:

10. Aussie Topcat

Aussie Topcat LawnSite Member

Shirt stays on!

When i started in this trade, i had a guy working with me, it got hot, off came his shirt... :angry: i started to boil. He was older that me, so i let him do it for a while, about 1/2 an hour later :realmad: I could help myself "Scott please while you work with me wear your shirt" but it's hot, "i know but, it's my business".

Cut it short- "Put your shirt back on or go home ya look like a slob" at the end of that day i payed him and let him go...........

Scabs work dressed like that!

I am a professional ! :cool2:

Uniform always while working