Apple IPhone 4s users?

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by FIMCO-MEISTER, Oct 31, 2011.

1. JimmyTheGlove

JimmyTheGlove LawnSite Member

Siri is great; I don't know about it being a "Google Killer" though. Siri's algorithm is decades behind Google. Smart move by Apple though, by buying Siri.

2. SoCalLandscapeMgmt

SoCalLandscapeMgmt LawnSite Bronze Member

It works pretty well. I don't use it much, mainly becasue I'd feel like an ass walking around asking my phone questions.

3. Mark B

Mark B LawnSite Bronze Member

I like it.. I use it to help remind me when to change my bait..
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Interesting thread, since I just dropped my Verizon phone in the dog dish. :cry: What would you tech-types suggest?

5. Go IPhone 4s Mike.

I cracked the screen on my droid so I'm using it until March when my contract is up and resign with an IPhone in mind.

6. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Since we use the MacBook for internet on the road, is it worth having a IPhone? What does it do that would justify the upfront cost and monthly for a lowlife like myself?

7. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

No offense mike but you older gents are better off with the bigger buttons etc of a laptop or ipad. My poor father has the darnest time doing thngs on his iphone, holding it at arms length in order to see :)

That said the 4s is great! Awesome camera (+1 for mike) and the voice recognition/ automation is great. I love making appointments with it, tell it to make a meeting with said person and if theyre in your contact list it'll send them an email request and out it on your calander, you can also change said meeting later and itll update them.

Siri is new and it will surely get even better. Location based reminders are also great for someone like me, i tend to forget things... Eaisly distracted by shiny objects.

8. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

9. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Next thing you know, you'll be using a scheduling and invoice program, or *gasp* some design software!!! :laugh: