Apple vs. Android

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by Luke S., Sep 16, 2013.

?

Which tablet do you prefer?

1. Apple

50.9%
  2. Android

44.6%
  3. Surface

1.8%
  4. What's a tablet?

2.7%
  1. Luke S.

Luke S. LawnSite Member

Getting all my guys tablets, curious what people's preference is.

Vote and lemme know.

Thanks!

2. 360lawncare

360lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Android!! Hands down! The best

3. Valk

Valk LawnSite Silver Member

I'd go with user-friendly if your crews are not tech savvy.

4. ausgrasscutter

ausgrasscutter LawnSite Member

Android the ipads are toys compared to what can do with the galaxy tabs. Only down side is a lot of the time you have to wait abit longer for the apps to come out on android

5. sdk1968

sdk1968 LawnSite Member

we always do droids for work and personal..... apple just wants to put to much crap on any computer thats not "one of theirs"....

6. Southern Lawn Care  LLC

Southern Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

I personally use a iPad mini for business use and its great. I can't give an opinion on android as I have never used their products. I've always had apple everything. But the iPad is great for what I do. Billing and all that stuff.

7. GrassGuerilla

GrassGuerilla LawnSite Bronze Member

"I" stuff just works. No fuss, no learning curve. Android takes a little more to make it "work". If you have young guys, Android. Salty old dogs? Consider Apple.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Will P.C.

Will P.C. LawnSite Senior Member

I would look into some of the Chinese brands if you are interested in trying an android. I picked up a Ployer Momo7 for 110 shipped. You get a much nicer tablet spec wise comparable to 500 dollar High Street brand. We all know companies like Apple produce the Ipad for dirt cheap in China.
    Having said that, not a big fan of Android tablets I have used.

9. Midnight Rider

Midnight Rider LawnSite Member

Personally I'm Android. Wife wife has the same phone as I do but she has an Ipod Touch for her music and she plays games all the time. Guys, if you wife is like mine and addicted to Candy Crush....well let's just say she found a new game to play.....

http://goo.gl/0Q8Jb7

Like was said above, most stuff comes out for Apple first...this game should be out on Android pretty soon from what I hear.

10. BeachysLawn

BeachysLawn LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

Apple's products do what they need to do well and they do it simply. I've used both and I'll never go back to anything Android.

That said, I just bought a new laptop with Win8 on it and I might be inclined to try a Surface tablet if I had a chance.