1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

application longevity

Discussion in 'Eureka Fluid Film' started by SKYNYRD, Nov 20, 2009.

1. SKYNYRD

SKYNYRD LawnSite Fanatic

this is a picture of the cardboard baler at my job. at least 2 months ago i sprayed this part down with fluid film so the wheel would spin easy when you open and close the gate while making the actual bale. just look at how wet the threads still are... WD-40 would be dry by now as would most(if not all) other lubricating substances but the fluid film is ever bit as wet and slick as when i first sprayed it:weightlifter::weightlifter:

IMG_1510.JPG

2. Dano50

Dano50 LawnSite Bronze Member

Nice pic and application! Thanks for sharing! :drinkup:

3. SKYNYRD

SKYNYRD LawnSite Fanatic

i should pay attention and post another pic in say a month:cool2:try to see if there's any difference

4. Dano50

Good idea. I'd like to see the progress.

5. SKYNYRD

SKYNYRD LawnSite Fanatic

at least twice a day a bale is made so that's at least 4 times a day that wheel is turned over those threads. so lets see that's 14 bales a week so that's 28 times a week so roughly 224? times that wheel has been turned over those threads since the initial application and it's still that wet:weightlifter:

6. Dano50

Now that is impressive (Not that I ever had any doubts)!

7. SKYNYRD

SKYNYRD LawnSite Fanatic

if this thread convinces even one naysayer to change their opinion then it was worth it:cool2:

8. a plus bob

a plus bob LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

George you carry Fluid Film with you ?? :laugh::laugh: Kinda like the guy on the T.V. comercial that stops and tightens the bolts on a stop sign.Skynyrd stopping rust one can at a time!!

9. SKYNYRD

SKYNYRD LawnSite Fanatic

i keep a can at work with me cause hey ya never know what will need the special powers only ff can provide:laugh:

10. Dano50

You are a very wise man, indeed. :clapping: