Application Plan

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Bull, Feb 17, 2004.

1. Bull

Bull LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

Can anyone list in order from Jan through Dec the proper times for all lawn applications? Located here in N.C. we deal primarily with fescue and bermuda. I'm looking for something to use as a learners guide that list the time, product, what is it's purpose is and so forth. This would include fertilizer / lime, weed control, grub control, etc. Most of those in our area do not focus a great deal on "The Perfect Lawn" but I would like to work towards changing that at least for my clients. Any guidance towards an outline or older post would be appreciated.
  2. I would think some of that would be covered in study material for a pesticide license?
  3. Bull

Bull LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

Some of it was but not in specifics. Hard to cram all that in a day and a half class. I can put this outline together but was hoping something already existed.

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

there is no 1 sure fire plan carved in stone talk to the local lesco they can help
  5. sodzilla

sodzilla LawnSite Member

Check with you local supplier. If you have a Lesco or someone else in your area they should be able to come up with a program for you.
  6. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

talk with others in your area. if a liscensed individual came to me and assured me he was pricing correctly, then i wouldnt hesitate to help him in the correct direction...of course it wouldnt be exactly the same as mine
  7. ChickensDoo

ChickensDoo LawnSite Member

There's a lot of ways to skin a cat. If you've got a Lesco center or another distributor in the area, have them help you with an application plan.

Understand that you will more than likely get the same info as every other new LCO that comes to them. Take the plan and tweak it to meet your individual needs.

This is a start and you can adjust it as you gain experience - good and bad.....
  8. Doster's L & L

Doster's L & L LawnSite Senior Member

Have you tried the search button? This helps too sometimes. There is no set schedule for spraying. just choose what you think is best.
  9. mow2nd

mow2nd LawnSite Senior Member

March 1- Pre-m and post
    May 1 - Pre-m and post
    July 1 - Fert with Iron
    Sept 1 - 18-24-12 Starter
    Nov 1 - Winterizer
    Jan 1 - Lime
  10. Hookset

Hookset LawnSite Member

I've got a couple questions for the last post. Keep in mind I'm curious and not knocking your post. Why no spring apps of fertilizer? Why 2 pre/post treatment so close? Why a starter Fertilizer?