Application pricing

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by greeninga, Jan 24, 2007.

1. greeninga

greeninga LawnSite Member
    from GA

I am new to lawn applications, I have a few customers that I do now.

What should I charge per square foot, or per thousand sqaure feet?

thanks

2. turf hokie

turf hokie LawnSite Silver Member

I'll say it....
    Do a search first. This is a pretty popular topic.

Start with...What are you direct/overhead costs. How much do you want to draw. How much do you want put into the biz at end of year.

3. boats47

boats47 LawnSite Member

If your liscenced min charge 65.00 to show up at 3000 ft2 and below, adj your costs from there

4. Shades of Green LService

Shades of Green LService LawnSite Bronze Member

my average price for around 5,000 sq. ft prop is 45-55 $

5. LawnTamer

LawnTamer LawnSite Gold Member

You will find that this varies greatly from state to state and even in rural to urban areas. for example, I could not charge $65 for 3k sq ft if I was spraying gold. I've seen other areas where they charge a lot less than I do. I have a $42 minimum, that covers up to 6k after that it is $5 to $6/k. On large properties that may go way down. Learn your cost/k. go from there.

6. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Charge labor about 2 dollars a minute, plus the cost of chemicals per sq foot, plus a few cents to cover each customer's share of your overhead.

7. kojack09576

kojack09576 LawnSite Member

In cincinnati ohio we charge $2.50 to $3.00 per 1k ft2 adjust for hilly vs.flat lawn, wet vs. dry, if you are appling app. to a f*ing forest (if you pull a hose you know the pain in the *a* it is) anything in a lawn that is going to slow you down or make it difficult adjust price for and when proposing explain why you r charging whatever price you come to.

8. kojack09576

kojack09576 LawnSite Member

9. LawnNeedz

LawnNeedz LawnSite Senior Member

We could never get prices like that in the south. I charge $35.00 for 5000sqft and then roughly $15 every 5000 after that or $3 per thousand.

10. Mattcurry

Mattcurry LawnSite Member

Im in Florida and my truck doesnt stop for less then $50.00, this pretty much covers up to 4000k ft2. I play it out like the others do lots of things play a factor in pricing. Including the shape of the lawn when im starting it. I also charge a initial application fee for certian things such as grubs, brown patch, heavy chinch bugs in the summer and so on.