Application Question????

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by msuturfgrad, Feb 25, 2006.

1. msuturfgrad

msuturfgrad LawnSite Member

I Have A Question For You Guys? I Am Pre-m Next Week And Some Of My Yards Have A Few Broadleaves That Only Need Spot Sprayed. Do You Spot Spray Bleaves First To Avoid Walking Through Yard After Pre-m Or Do You Pre-m First And Spot Spray Last To Avoid Washing Herbicide Off Leaf Of Bleaves? I Am A Rookie At This Yard Care So Gimmie A Break If This Doesn't Make Sense. And Yes I Have My Licence B/c I Know Someone Will Ask:) . Thanks

2. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

Spray first and then do the pre-m.

3. ArizPestWeed

ArizPestWeed LawnSite Bronze Member

You got is backwards

4. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

I have a spray bottle mounted on my spreader and if I see a weed that needs sprayed I stop and spray it while I'm there, saves a trip back across the lawn!

5. stumper1620

stumper1620 LawnSite Bronze Member

if you are just gonna spot spray I would do it first, If you are going to apply broad leaf controls on the whole thing do a tank mix of the pre-m and broad all in one app.

6. stumper1620

stumper1620 LawnSite Bronze Member

delete.........

7. sweetjetskier

sweetjetskier LawnSite Senior Member

Is it just me or this question something that should be answered by common sense. In Ct you need to really know your stuff regarding applications. Asking if you spray first or apply dry material first seems pretty basic. Do your customers know you have limited knowledge of applying pesticides? In hte last 15 years in CT i have seen the worst of the worst in regards to new applicators with no knowledge of turf of plants making a huge and expensive mess of properties. My 2 cents.

8. ArizPestWeed

You are right . it's common sense , a no brainer , and look at the answers that followed , OMG

9. msuturfgrad

msuturfgrad LawnSite Member

I knew I would get some smart butt answers when I asked this. I was trying to find out the most efficient and best way to do this. And by the way I use liquid pre-m not granular. If some of you really knew what you were talking about you would know that you can get a lot better results out of a liquid app of pre-m. I am sorry I asked a simple question on here. I thought that was what a talk forum was for. just my 2 CENTS.

10. ArizPestWeed

If I understand the question ,the answer is obvious .
    If you sprayed the weed and then sprayed the entire yard with pre em , you would wash the 'cide off the weed you just sprayed .
    Can you see that ????