Application rate-alternative method

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by bmrdude, Jan 31, 2003.

1. bmrdude

bmrdude LawnSite Member

Ok, I've read other's ideas of application rates (fees) for fertilizer etc....They all seem to use square footage as a multiplier. My thought is different. I plan on charging a flat fee.......equal to the cost of mowing, then add the cost of materials (fertilizer). Does this sound feasable?

2. ROTFLMAO

Tell some of my former employees' hello in the unemployment line.

How do you derive at your "mowing" price?

Hey Mr. Joe Blow you have a $200 a cut lawn cause you have so much darn trimming so you lawn applications are going to be $200 + the $9 a bag of fert and the 7oz of chemical I have to use. This would be the normaly $95 lawn application.

All things equil there is a reason we use the area covered.

3. Darn buttons are backwards

4. HBFOXJr

HBFOXJr LawnSite Bronze Member

Forget that idea, you haven't reinvented the wheel. This is a time to be a sheep not a leader.

Use the search button for this pesticide forum.

pricing - 89 topics
    prices - 116 topics
    bidding - 27 topics

There are a couple hundred thousand posts here already. Some make excellent reading.

5. Decali

Decali LawnSite Member

I think baseing the cost on sq. footage is the easiest way. You have to know how much chemical you will need and it's not that hard to do. Maybe you're better at visual estimates than I am but every time I try to guess at sq. footage I'm usually way off so I think it is a good formula for a base price. Other variables include drivetime, dogs in yard, broken gates, potential for leaf problems and, of course, does the homeowner seem like an A-hole.

6. bmrdude

bmrdude LawnSite Member

Thanks for the reply, however your tact and approach to responding to my inquiry is both inciteful and rather harsh.........to say the least. A simple answer would have been appropriate.

7. No problem.